Why do women show cleavage?

Why do women wear things like this?
Why do women show cleavage?

• Mostly to get attention or attract men
  • A different reason

2640

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 25

• Because we have tits to show them, not to hide them under rags.

• I can't not agree. Tbh i LOVE em. can't deny it. But one also shouldn't be ashamed of ones body. Use them as you seem fit πŸ˜€. I won't argue.

• it's part of being a woman to be able to be sensual and sexual... Cleavage and shapely legs in heels and the shape of her hips. It makes me feel good when I look sexy. I prefer to show my cleavage and wear a bra like the one in the pic called a shelf bra. That type allows the nipples to be free and rub sensually against the fabric of my top as well as reveal their hardness. Even if the top doesn't reveal cleavage, the nipples will still be showing nicely. Being sexy is a powerful thing for a man or a woman.

• I think they wanna attract attention. By showing cleavage they give men to imagine the rest of their bosom.

But it's just my opinion, i don't want any hate!

• I don't always do it intentionally. No lie, I'll sometimes think I look fine while looking in the mirror but later realize that guys are looking down my shirt (the view is different looking downwards on my chest). It depends on the type of bra I'm wearing with different cut shirts.

• Can that be a little embarrassing? Or just not matter, because you show it enough times deliberately?

• Oh, just kidding. Either being embarrassed, showing lots of cleavage, or being sweaty hot in the jean jacket.

• @markscott I was not trying to suffocate lol.

• It is always one of the four listed below:
    1. They love the style of the outfit that they're wearing
    2. It makes them feel sexy
    3. It wasn't intentional. Sometimes the clothing adjusts to your body like
    that especially if you are a C cup.
    4. They're doing it to get attention

• It's true that it can be unintentional. I've seen a whole lot of cleavage on some girls who are actually modest, but things went wrong. I still think of them as modest.

• Well i do if the particular dress or outfit i like shows cleavage but i don't do it for attention i literally do it because i like it, if anything i feel less comfortable when the outfit does as i can see peoples eye line looking lol.

• because they want to

• The question is why they want to...

• Nice reasoning. I'll get fat, grow me some tits and then I can talk about boobs? And quite the assumption that i'm talking about why you are showing your cleavage, I was talking about women as a whole. You should never ever take personal conclusions from a generalized statement. Big no-no. Last post by the way, it was fun.

• @bfxgb My point is how can you know if you don't have any. It's like I can't pretend to know how guys feel about their dick and why they do certain things with it because i don't have one. As for my use of I, I simply meant I as a woman. Like when you say you to generalize a group of people. Also not sure what you're referring to in your last sentence.

• Usually it's normal tops that are a bit low so it shows some cleavage especially in busty women, or it is for being displayed on purpose.

I never show cleavage. Even if they ever showed, it is by accident.

• My man!
      Proving a point to the gag that good girls exist!
      Proud of u neighbor x_x

• That's deep'
      Really deep!

• @cosanostrakosa Yup. Teenagers are expected to behave mature and be treated like adults.

• After reading all the comments- don't you think someone could wear tops or dresses that show a lot of cleavage just because they feel pretty/sexy and just want to dress that way! Nobody says anything about cleavage when you wear a bikini! Wear what you want to wear revealing or not it is your choice!

• I agree it’s your choice. But myself personally, I’m always cautious with what I’m wearing, partially cuz I don’t like my body, but also because I’d feel uncomfortable.

• I wear clothes I feel good in. As a woman I have curves and big breasts. You could notice even in a turtleneck and I don't think it is made to hide it. I am not saying about showing everything, just a nice feminine outfit.

• I don't know... but that top one should not be wearing a cross around her neck when showing all that chest... its disgusting

• They do it for attention

• Or else their boobs will sweat. It needs fresh air.

• I personally don't wear cleavage but I would say it gives confidence.

• Because my tits look funny in a t-shirt.

• I guess some are just happy to embrace their boobs or how they look in it. And other times for attention of course xD.

• I don't do it all the time but done in the right way it can be teasing and attract attetion which can boost my confidence :)

also who doesn't love boobs!

• Exactly - everyone likes boobs so why not? πŸ˜‚

• I don't have much to look at I don't really have any cleavage to show off

• I like the top and the material that's why I bought it. it has nothing to do with wanting guys to stare, I don't even think about that when I'm clothes shopping. I buy clothes that fit my taste and style. which is difficult cuz fashion is taking a big fail lately

• They want to attract mens attantion

• I do it to make myself look attractive

• Attention duh

• I'd say 30% of it is because they like the style of outfit for fashion purposes, and 70% of it is for attention and validation in order to feel sexy and better about themselves, women enjoy that kind of power even if they don't realise it.

• That's doesn't mean they're all asking to be treated like they're asking for it though! That'd be a silly to assume.

• I think some girls buys those outfits to get attention but get used to wearing these clothes as they get older and buy them because they started to like the clothes more.

• Ego boost.. Men will give it to you.

• I don't show cleavage for men my cleavage is there when and I wear a shirt it shows it drorbds from the dress shirt models etc.
    so what the problem? Should I hide it? Why., I don't live in Saudi Arabia!

What Guys Said 39

• Well, that's a dumb fucking question. Why do most men like going to the gym to get big even though they work at a coffee shop and they'll never use their giant arms? They like to show off what they have. Why do you go to COSTCO or Walmart and look at the biggest TV with all the newest features? Because you want the biggest and the best. Silly thing is that most young men from 21 to 35 that are jacked have never worked a day in their life and would get outworked by some regular 55 year old guy that's done REAL work his whole life. Same Principal. Naturally, men subconsciously like big busted women because they know that the babies that the had with this woman will be fed and taken care of. I know a few women that have had a breast reduction because their bust has caused a health risk. I've also known a few girls that have gotten implants because they're subconscious about their cup size. Personally, I don't care for them, but if someone wants to do something for themselves that makes them happy then let them do it. It all comes down to preference. A woman may get them to get more attention, or she may get them to try to get her body more proportionate. Everyone likes attention and obviously a lot of men like looking at big breasts so of course, they're going to show them off once they've worked so hard to get them.

• The first pic is obviously meant to show cleavage. And I think a lot of women just feel sexy with that look. And I don't judge that. The second pic to me is less trying to show cleavage as it is just a lower cut neck line that happens to show cleavage. That girl can't help that she has larger sized breasts that form a distinct cleavage. But do girls "exploit" their cleavage for attention? Yeah, I'm sure some do, but not all.

• If I was a girl I'd prolly show some cleave if I wanted to get attention. I mean it works 100% of the time. It's a foolproof method. Also girls clothes kind of force them to show cleaveage a lot of the time. A lot of their outfits are just designed that way and it seems hard to get around.

• For the females, most of them it's a feel good thing, i have no boobs so i can't exactly know but i do understand the thought. I would compare that to buffed guys who wear tight shirt and t shirts to show the muscle or tattoos, it's a feel good thing i guess

• Fashion.
    Mho?

• Frankly my concern is more that at least they are wearing something and the women who dress provocatively (which I feel they are entitled to without being judged) seem to be practically more concerned about their bodies and how they look than the guys who oggle at them. I feel embarassed at the way guys literalky stick there tongue out and keep staring as if she is a piece of meat.

Yeah breasts and cleavage are beautiful and nice aesthetically, but giluys just overdo the oggling bit i feel.

• to show off their cleavage to men. and if a woman denies that she doesn't show cleavage because of that, then ask her that, you show it so men can check out your shoes, right?

• Not drawn to breasts anyway , indifferent towards them. I don't get that , as the vast majority of women dress for each other... NOT men !! In hotter climes it's understandable to want to let air circulate around the body.

• For me I would say attention and attraction because

You can't see cleavages and won't look or get distracted by it or get called by it

• The first picture shows tit. The second shows cleavage I personally like the #2. Its great to read that the women admit they do it for attention.

• If I had boobs, they'd be hanging out all over the place all the time.

• ventilation?

• You know why. Stop playing dumb.

• BC the outfits are designed like this. No woman would cut her full round neck T-shirt to show her boobs. Its how the modern dresses are being designed and are being filmed. people mostly follow the film culture !

• Because its "hot"

• Who’s complaining

• What's the point of having boobs if you can't even show a bit of cleavage?

• I like my wife to show cleavage because it makes her more confident and feel sexy to show her assets, she likes how guys undress her in their thoughts!
    by the way the lower picture looks better

• A different reason

• They love the style and men love it.

• I'm not sure. Maybe to turn me off

• It makes them feel sexy.

• Why not?
    In short, it's nature that makes them want to show off their assets.

• those who vote "a different reason" please state the reason

• l like it

• To manipulate men.

• So they can slap your face for looking?

• Cool off and show off

• Cuz that's a good woman!
    Lol you should ask why men show thier boner?

• More from Guys
    9