Do you think the type of porn you watch defines your deep sexual fantasies?

I am wondering do you think the porn one watches actually maybe consciously or subconsciously is their deep sexual fantasies...Do you think the type of porn you watch defines your deep sexual fantasies?

433

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really, no. I think that people often explore ideas in porn that they would never be able to enjoy in real life. Real life is not as clean and sanitary as porn, for obvious reasons. Nor are real life girls willing or particularly able to do some of the things that porn actresses will do. Porn is like a circus freak show really.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a good question! And I wonder the same, since I'm having some doubts about my sexuality because of porn...

I think this might be true for some people and not true for others. There's people who watch a certain kind of porn just because they like to watch it. It doesn't mean that will do that in real life.
    And others who watch it because they would like to do those things in real life, but for some reason, they don't do it.

What Guys Said 32

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is true. At least to a degree. It's certainly true for me.
    I think it's very interesting that according to a big porn study, around 60% of male consumers have looked at gay porn at least once. And even more interestingly, the most conservative regions also happened to be the ones most interested in gay porn.
    www.patheos.com/.../

• Hhhmmm, it's a representation from our fantasies.

• I think you choose your porn based on already existing fantasies

• For me, yup.

• Yes?

I mean its pretty obvious really. What gets you off is obviously what you're into.

• Sure it does

• Yes, I think it does.

• "Tell me your porn sections, I will tell you who you are".

• sometimes yes, sometimes no. cause sometimes you just watch some sensational or "extreme" stuff or stuff where you're like "ew wtf did i just cum to?" but other times yeah definitely i feel like i wanna do exactly that.

• i think porn can have a big influence in forming what you like and sometimes it can be dangerous and lead to have expectations from your girl that is beyond normal people

• Definitely affects you. I'm sex positive but still think most of it is unhealthy because it's so fake.

• Am I mentally ill if I watch midget gay inerracial bdsm zoo porn?

• Yes very true

• yes it does

• Of course it does... definitely.

• No, the type of porn you want to watch does.

• Well you don't watch something you don't like, so...

• Well since you watch porn according to your fantasies...

• I'd think so! (Your favorites, at least)

• Yeah I watch cuck and it's my fantasy

• Yes I guess so. Why else would you watch something that you dont like the most?

• Well yeah, that's why you watch it

• yeah i guess, but they may also be exploring

• Thinking about the last things I watched. I hope not

• I agree with that.

• Yes. Agree

• U got this... Totally agree...

• Yeah it does
    What's your favourite?

• True baby

• i think the type of porn you watch, determines what you want to do in bed

• More from Guys
    2

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• id say yes

• Nope

• Of course