Why did he go so hard and fast during sex? It was my first time?

Anonymous
I have been dating my boyfriend for about 10 months. I had been a virgin by choice because of my religion and was saving myself for mairage. My boyfriend never pressured me per say but he always expressed how much he longed to do it...

A couple of days on a whim, I decided that I was ready.. he was very slow and gentle because it was hurting.. but after a while i became more comfortable... however there were these moments where he would go super fast and hard and I told him to go slower... i had to say it a couple of times and physically push him before he would get the message.

There was even a point when he pinned my arms down... and I told him to stop for a second and he said "no not until I make u come"... i waited a couple of seconds and then pushed him off..

He kept asking if i was okay though and I said yeah i was fine...
Do you think its because he was just over excited? I just wish he would have been gentler since it was my first time
11
3