Can a guy start liking a girl because of good sex?

I mean if you met a girl that's down to fuck and you fucked on the first day you met and she gave you amazing sex... would you keep that girl around for sex etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, in fact, it is, statistically speaking, more likely than not.

There is an aphorism: "For a woman there is no sex until there is love. For a man, they don't believe it is love until there is sex." There are all sorts of reasons, rooted in our evolution, for this.

However, what it boils down to for a man is that is that sex gives him that sense of being loved and wanted and respected that he needs. Surprisingly then, more than for a woman for whom sex is the "icing on the cake" of a relationship, and contrary to pop culture stereotypes, a man is more likely to mistake sex for love and to fall in love because of sex.

(Most of this comes from the Kinsey study, a study by Victoria University in Australia, Princeton and a few NIH studies.)

As an aside, after my high school girlfriend and I lost our virginity to each other - back in the day - I was sure of two things. 1) I was a man!!! 2) that my girlfriend was going to be the girl I was going to marry, have babies with, have the house, the white picket fence, the works. Of course, that was me as a 16 year old boy, but it was a very primal and instinctive reaction.

That said, these are statistical trends and tendencies and not metaphysical absolutes. In general it is true, but there will - in each case - be statistical deviations and individual variables that come into play, including specific personality traits, moral/religious beliefs, prior experiences, etc. Overall, though, a man is far more likely to fall in love because of sex - and interestingly will be more committed to the relationship once one is established - than a woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have actually heard my guy friends say, they would only keep her for sex. And thatโ€™s it. If the feelings arenโ€™t there, they will never keep her.

• I'm a girl and I keep so many guys for sex ๐Ÿ˜ funny thing is they think I like them hahahaa

• Yeah exactly