How do you feel about the public school dress code for girl?

Guys can wear practically whatever they want and know one says anything, but girls have all these rules for it. Like no short shorts, leggings, tube top, showery skirts, they can show to much cleavage if any. It’s not a girls fault for the way her body fits in the clothes she wears. So do you think it’s fair that they treat it as if it’s the girls fault, for possibly “disturbing” the guys because of what she wears?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• noone says anything for guys because guys dont like wearing 10cm long shorts and they dont put their balls on display like girls show their cleavage.
    think about it

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should be able to wear what you want with some limitations like I don't think a girl should wear shorts that are actually half way up her ass or things like that but other than very small limitations I think it should be whatever

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• We gotta regulate the girls these days. Girls these days are way too wild. gotta put leash.

1|2
    1|0
  • I don't agree with it, girls aren't pieces of meat that the unfair dress code implies. Boys can't control themselves. Yeah I call bs. But it's not an issue at my school really. When its warm, girls at my school wear short shorts and tank tops.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I do not blame the young women for the dress code of the schools. I blame the boys for not having enough self control.

1|0
    0|1
  • You're 16, I'm sure there's a rational reason behind that rule being established. Rules are rules in school. You don't have to follow then outside of school.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s the rules. You don’t have to like them but you have to follow them. You’ll encounter plenty of rules in life that don’t make sense, being a grownup means you follow them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want both genders to have shit pants and a shirt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think both guys and girls should wear what they want. No uniform, just they clothing they feel good in

0|0
    0|0
  • We don't have these rules in Holland unless it's deemed too revealing by the staff

0|0
    0|0
  • Because guys don't have stuffs that cause confusion in schools

0|0
    0|0
  • There shouldn't be one... but at the same time u still gotta look perfesional

0|0
    0|0
  • The same way I feel about a dress code for guys

0|0
    0|0
  • Used to be worse for guys back in the day

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it

0|0
    0|0
  • I wore uniform

0|0
    0|0
  • Fine by me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Not in my school lol. Girls always wear frickin crop tops and short shorts etc, no one cares. Because so many people do it that there is no way to enforce it unless you want to give a third of the student population detrntukb

0|3
    0|0
  • I think common sense is needed but some kids don’t have it. But yes, I agree modest wear should be implemented. Even when I was younger I never dress provocative

1|0
    0|0
  • honestly doesn't bother me since I just live in jeans, sneakers and band shirts that aren't so fitting

0|1
    0|0
  • i think they do it to protect woman from the psychological affects of sexual objectification

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fair to a certain point. We had a dress code. And of course it depended on who you were and what family your family was friends with. These "special" kids got to wear and do anything they wanted to do.
    Some girls would wear the skimpiest outfit possible. Booty shorts with tits hanging out so that I can see a dress code reason.
    No trench coat, backpacks had to be mesh, no blue denim- could be any color but blue or khakis, sweaters/jackets in class.
    Shorts had to be at a length where you put your hands at your side- if the shorts/skirt were above your fingertips it was too short. Then we had to wear a belt and a solid color collared shirt no strips!
    Then it got crazier and no shorts or skirts was allowed. They even tried to ban name brand clothing and shoes
    Since I've graduated I heard the dress code was abolished but the shorts/skirts thing is still enforced.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can get away with anything if you play your cards right.

0|0
    0|0
  • We don't have that where I live.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes