If never had a boyfriend and I'm still a virgin at the age of 25, I should give up on dating and sex, right?

I'm a sad and worthless virgin. I also never had a boyfriend and I won't have one anytime soon.

At this point of my life, I should give up on the idea of losing my virginity and having a boyfriend, right? I'm too old to be a virgin and to have a boyfriend for the first time. It's ridiculous!
And I'm so ashamed and disgusted with myself :( :( :( :( :(

422

Most Helpful Guys

• Its perfectly fine to feel this way about it. I am from a family where i was told to concentrate on my studies and not think about girls because later i will have time for that. Due to which I ended up being one of the most awkward person around girls. I am ugly and short, so that doesn't help. I too have given up hope on finding a girlfriend or ever loosing my virginity.

I used to be sad about it all the time. Then I decided to make my life at least a bit useful. Now i am working for one of the most prestigious non profit research lab and I volunteer in orphanage.

It is still pretty lonely, but working almost 80 hours a week keeps me so busy that i don't have time to think about anything else.

But i still feel that the path i chose is wrong, and I should have tried harder. I was just tired of being shot down before even asking.

I am sure you will be able to find someone, and to be honest, for men who are matured, it doesn't matter if you are virgin or not, as long as you two are good together.

• I understand you.
      But sometimes I think that if I haven't found anyone yet, I won't find anymore. I'm too old to have a boyfriend for the first time.

• There is. I learnt it. I travel alone. I play video games. Read a lot. Watch tv shows

• Well, good for you. At least you can do something.

• Sorry you are so sad and down on yourself. However, you are still young (believe it or not) and you have a long way to go before you can really throw in the towel on a boyfriend or losing your cherry.
    My first suggestion is to get yourself into counseling for depression and low self esteem. Believe me, it will help.
    Second, get out away from the TV and get involved in something where you can be social - meet people.
    Third, find something that will get your body in better shape. Exercise is one of the best things you can do for yourself, body, mind, and soul.
    Good luck... but Do It! And in time... couple years... you will have what you want :)
    Good Luck.

• Thank you so much for your advice. You sound like a nice person. :)

But I don't see myself as a young person. I feel old and I know I'm too old to be a virgin and to have a boyfriend for the first time.

I can't afford counselling, if I could I would get it.

TV is my best friend. TV and the Internet are the only things that help me to forget about where I am, since I hate the country where I live. So, it would hard to give up on it.
      Plus, I have no social skills and I'm part of a minority where I live. I doubt anyone would be interested in being friends with me.

Exercise is the only thing I can do, and I'm planning on start doing it soon.

Thank you for the advice. :)

• Thanks for the MHO. :)

• You're welcome. :)

Most Helpful Girls

• You are 25 not 75, and honestly if you haven't had a boyfriend yet, the guys obviously were not worth your time.

• I know several people who waiting until they were married to have sex. Don’t judge yourself based on your sexual history, or lack on one. Your virginity is not something that can be lost or taken. Please realize the whole idea of chaste and virginity was created by some insecure men hundreds of years ago because they felt disimpowered by women. (For any nay-sayers, look it up).

Instead, be upset over the injustice of how you are being treated. Are there any open minded cities near you? I consider near within a couple of hours. You may have to consider an out of town boyfriend in the beginning.

Turn your attitude from, “I’m worthless, no one wants to date me” (you will radiate this), to “I’m too good for the bigots in this town.” Nothing says sexy like confidence.

When you date someone and the topic of sex comes up, don’t bash yourself, tell them no one in your town was worth dating and you didn’t want a fling. this shows you value yourself.

Go treat yourself to a spa day (they’re super cheap if you go to a beautician academy).

• Thank you for your sweet words. :)

But the problem is not with the town I live, it's with the country. If I was able to move to a different country my problem would be solved.
      But I can't move now, because I have no money.

• That's a good idea, but in order to find a job like that, I would have to have a college degree. Which is something I don't have yet.
      As for studying abroad, I would have to money too. Is not that easy.

Anyways, thank you again. :)

• *would have to have money