Is it wrong to lie to my boyfriend about being on birth control so that I can have a baby?

1349

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.
    It is rape. Or, rather, the reverse of it is.
    In many places, it is considered legally rape for a man and a woman to have consensual sex, with the agreement that he will wear a condom, only for him to remove the condom (stealthing) or sabotage the condom (poking holes in it).

If it is rape when a man agrees to birth control, and then lies to the woman in an attempt to get her pregnant, than morally, even if not legally, the reverse is true, and a woman, morally, if not legally, has committed rape by committing essentially the same deception.

The difference is, if a man does that to a woman, she can abort. If a woman does that to a man, he has no say, and is legally obligated to financially support the resulting child for the next 18 years.

Pretty dick move. If you want a kid, maybe you should just talk to him about it.

• It's... not rape. That's ridiculous. Sexual matters that are wrong are not automatically rape just because they're sexual. What we can agree on is that she's a moron.

• The law is wrong then, morally, as it sometimes unfortunately is. I'd love to see the revised code you're referring to, whichever state it's in.

• @Anon-ymous1 Doesn't matter now, anyways. Her account went inactive. Slight chance she closed it. More likely that it was a fake account, and GaG shut it down.

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s wrong on so many levels!! The guy is trusting you to be responsible by being on birth control and to not lie to him. You wanting to have a baby is one thing (although it is actually selfish and irresponsible of you to try to become pregnant now as I could pretty much guarantee that you are not in a stable position to have a child). You trying to trap the guy by inadvertently ensuring he makes you pregnant is disgraceful! He should have an opinion as to if and when he wants to have children. It is not your decision to make for the both of you. Your desire to have a child now is evidence of you being a selfish person who is incapable (at the moment) to put another person before yourself. I’m being honest when I say that you should be ashamed of yourself for even contemplating duping your boyfriend! Should you lie to him, don’t expect your relationship to last because he’s not wanting to be with someone who blatantly lies to him, tricks him and is selfish! I sincerely hope you don’t lie to him and try to get pregnant. Fair enough you may want a baby but a baby becomes a child and a child needs lifelong support! You have plenty of time to have a baby so why not spend this time bettering yourself so that when you do eventually have a baby, you’d be able to provide the best for your baby and its future.