What does the statement “women control sex” mean to you? Is it true? Explain in-depth?

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Men will always, nearly 100% of the time, go for sex if offered. However, a (classy) woman rarely offers it. Men are much more driven by their hormones- women don't always have a deep desire for sex, but men do.

0|3
    0|0
    • Well, if the woman is attractive, yes you’re right. There’s been just as many women I interact with that I would have sex with, as there are women that I wouldn’t have sex with. So entirely sure men will 100% of the time go for sex if offered.

• Show All
    • " noticed you pick little fights with every girl on here who thinks women have lower sex drives."
      Maybe because I don't agree with it? Crazy, huh?

" You know I'm a boxer? Thats mildly creepy, but flattering."
      I always remember fellow martial artists. And I actually liked you as a person until this point. I hoped it would stay that way, and we could have constructive discussions in the future, but that's up to you.

• thanks for MHO, PLM :)

• The statement to me ideally means that if a man takes a woman out, she's the only one who knows whether or not there will be sex involved as she's the one with the "ignition" - so therefore although the man is the one with the "key", he can't "lock" the situation down unless he has what the woman desires in terms of what she's looking for. It's like the saying, "The man may be the head of the house, but the woman is the neck."

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol using those “ignition” “key” and “lock” terms was funny and a bit cringe Gracia.

• Show All
    • A girl who doesn't know R. Kelly's reference to his song "Ignition" and can laugh isn't meant for you Gene.

Most Helpful Guys

• It isn't exactly true, but its understandable why it would seem so.

Anyone, male or female, can say "no" to sex, but what man would say no? Usually women are the ones saying no.

Equal control, but women exercise it more.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wouldn’t a man say “no” if he didn’t find a woman attractive? Whether smell wise, looks wise, or a character/personality annoyance or defect?

• I imagine so, but i dont believe in haveing sex outside of a relationship, and I hope I'd never be in a relationship with someone I dont find attractive.

• Pure economics. Women choose among many options-even the ugliest can get laid. Not so for men. Its because of the old adage: "For women getting laid is a choice, for men its a chore". Women do the selecting-all a man can do is strut and hope she picks you. Choices often have to do with "security" (money). The balance falls further in her favor after marriage as now she has a 100% monopoly on supply. Like any other monopoly it WILL be used to leverage what she wants. But women decide who they pollinate with, when and what conditions

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Women essentially decide when non-rapist dudes (not that many dudes are, I'm sure they're a minority) get to have willing, enthusiastic sex with her. He can use his charms to get her in the sack quicker, but, women are taught not to give it away freely. We expect commitment, time, affection, in some cases dinners, gifts, and even money.

0|2
    0|0
    • Doesn't that make you shallow and superficial though? If I had similar expectations from women, people would say "haha, stupid virgin, he'll never get laid". So why is it OK for women to have unreasonable expectations from the first moment?

• No Women dont control sex. Women are naturally more in control of their sexual desires and who they have sex with. Guys may think that means women are in control of sex because they want sex but women won't give them sex. Men have just as much control over sex as women if and when tgey choose to exercise that control.

0|1
    0|0
    • Bullshit.
      At the end of the day:
      Harry can't have sex whenever he wants to, because it takes skill and charm to get women
      Sally can get sex whenver she wants to, because she only has to open her legs.

Harry can refuse to have sex if he wants to.
      Sally can refuse to have sex if she wants to.

This Harry ISN'T in full control of his sex life.
      Sally is in full control of her sex life.

All the mental gymnastics doesn't matter.

• Show All
    • "Maybe if you calmed down and changed your attitude women would be more intrested in having sex with you."
      I may not sound like I am, but actually I am a pretty down to earth and normal guy, with a few kinks and failings like everyone else. Trust me, we'd probably be friends if we met in real life.

Generally it is fabourable not to invalidate people's experiences. My experiences with women speak for themselves. I have been ghosted on dating sites many times, and I have been rejected in real life many times. I know what I am worth, I know what I am selling, and I know that people aren't buying. It's not a hard equiation.

Ad trust me, I am not a neurotic butthurt asshat in real life. If I am, I tend try and get a hold of myself.

If I had the power, I'd switch places with you for a while, just so that you can better understand my situation, and of course, so that I can better understand yours.

EDIT: This is attached to my prec. comment, my internet was broken.

• "The whole sex leads to pregnancy even with contraception is still ingrained in women."
      Well, maybe the problem is with women. Just sayin'.

"Just try to be the best version of yourself and love should come your way eventually."
      What if I am tired of being the best version of myself?
      I was overweight. I lost it.
      I was weak. I trained myself.
      I was boring. I became a relatively social being - as social as an introvert gets.
      I got into one of the highest quality educational facilities in my country.
      I took steps in all terms of dating, I regularly approach girls, I tried online dating.
      I "took lessons" in being stylish, talking to girls, etc.
      So at what point will I get the love I "deserve"? Or is that a taboo word? Deserve?
      A tricky question: Does ANYBODY deserve love? And if not so, what can you say to those people that did what you just said - and were tricked?
      "Celine Dion always helped me."Well that's good to hear. What else do you listen to, to feel better about yourself?

• Both control sex... its human nature. Its all about who wants it most. Usually is the male... and the woman says yae or nae... but a man can also say yae or nae. Both body parts need to be present in order to control the desire of sex... thats my own opinio. 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • #notallwomen
      Shut up please. Just because there are a few cases when guys say no, doesn't mean the rule isn't true.
      Generally women control sex.

And don't make this about sex drive. There is no significant divide between the sexes in terms of sexual drive. This is about expectations and social norms.

• @Benedek38 well, thats your own opinion, thats good.

• Well cause they have the vagina and sex cannot happen with the women saying ok and allowing the man's penis into her vagina. She has the control.

2|0
    0|0
  • That I have the right to say no to sex, or to accept without judgement and assurance that it will be safe and take my needs into consideration.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it means at the end of the day I get to decide if I want to sleep with the person or not. Which is correct to a certain degree but not fully. a man can also decide if he wants to sleep with me or not as well. Learned that from the boyfriend I'm with now.

Normally a girl never expects a man to refuse. Not when everything is good and the female isn't particularly undesirable. But my boyfriend now will seriously tell me we can't have sex if I act up or piss him off. I don't mind it though because I do the same so I suppose it's fair.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had total control over the sex in my marriage I'd be getting laid every night.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you think men think women have control over sex? Is it inexperience with women?

• It's not understanding what a woman needs from her partner on a day to day basis.
      Trust me and woman who is happy within a relationship will never say no unless she is extremely exhausted.
      Only once in the past 18 months I've said no to my husband because I was feeling hurt and a little pissed. It was the weekend and we were getting ready to go to bed. He checked his phone one more time and saw that he'd received a message on twitter from someone famous (wasn't really him) asking him to send some of his music to him. He got up and left the bedroom for around 20 minutes, this was after we'd had a discussion about how much all of this music business had distracted him from me and his family.
      He came back to bed and I told him that I was no longer in the mood and I told him why.
      I did feel really horrible for saying no but he finally got the message.

• Eh. It takes two to tango. But we can definitely control how horny we get.

0|0
    0|0
  • But partners need to have consent. So no.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• It's true, but it is not a rule. We are living in a free world, we decided we can overwrite our own biology on a social level. Well, guess what - we can also overwrite gender roles.
    Women through their abstinence from sex create an artificial scarcity on the dating market. That is why men are seemingly more desperate for sex.

That is why I respect MGTOWs. They are actively combatting this phenomenon by artificially bottlenecking the male dating pool.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means that women are the managers of when sex happens.. Since men more times than not never say no to sex, and men are the ones who want sex more, women are the ones who have the control. They will have the final say whether sex happens or not.. But I don't think that's always true.. Only if the dude don't have self control, and ain't patient..

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like something an “alpha” sub/cuck said on here. Oh... they’re so confident. I can only
    aspire to be such a man.

0|2
    2|1
  • Depends on the woman I guess.
    I'm steered by some friends into spicy situations when all I want is a hug or something way more often than I'd like to admit. Thankfully none of those friends have crossed the rape-line.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s a matter of if they give the green light or not, if they’re in the mood or not, etc.

But once they give us the green light and we lock the doors, they lose control immediately

0|0
    0|0
  • Always comes from guys with no experience with girls thinking that she'll never want sex 90%of the time, and you'll never be able to make her change her mind and you'll have to deal with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Women can turn down men but vice versa also applies. It's just that women tend to be hit on more often than vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
  • As the says goes women are like locks, while men tend to be more eager by default.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are seen as more sexually pleasing than men. In that way, they have control.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes women are gatekeepers so to speak and ultimately choose whether or not the guy gets lucky, unless the guy forces himself on the woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • women basically have unilateral control over relationships and yes its very true

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know and I don't want to know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women usually decide when most sex happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means something to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats bullshit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it’s generally believed that men want sex all the time and women want sex sometimes
    And if a man tries to force a woman to have sex it’s assult
    If a woman forces sex on men the men are blessed

0|0
    0|0
  • Never heard that statement before and it’s weird. I don’t know what it means

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes