Do you support freedom of speech?

Or would you want everyone censored to your liking?
  • Do you support freedom of speech?FREEDOM OF SPEECH (NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY YOU'RE ALLOWED EVEN THE N WORD)
    Vote A
  • Do you support freedom of speech?CENSOR EVERYONE TO MY LIKING (BECAUSE I'M A PUSSY AND can't HANDLE OTHERS OPINIONS)
    Vote B
  • What is freedom of speech?
    Vote C
  • I like cookies!
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Come on why don't y'all like me cookies?😭

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• I REALLY like cookie-brownie hybrids, though.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• The first amendment only applies to the government sanctioning speech. Individually, we're allowed to tell each other to shut-up. That doesn't mean we have the power to make the person shut-up universally, but we can kick them out of our businesses and private clubs and make them go spout their rhetoric elsewhere. We, as individuals, do not owe every speaker a platform for their speech.

2|4
    1|1
    • The first Amendment isn't the same as free speech. Free speech is the idea that all people should have speech no matter how conversational it is, no form of *authority* should infringe upon it. This idea came before the first amendment, and the first amendment just so happened to be written because of it.

• Show All
    • There shouldn't be a protected class. Can't have equality that way.

• @mllecake viewpoint and religion are often protected classes/characteristics as well.

• Yeh, I do. And that includes the word n**. It's a word like cunt, wanker, cock, etc. Obviously, there is more historical context to it, but I don't walk down the street yelling it out because I'm not in the habbit of randomly yelling out swear words, I have more wit than modern stand up comedians. If I do say anything someone doesn't like though, they are more than within their right of freedom of speech to tell me to shut the hell up, but they don't have the power to force me to shut up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do. If people here ideas, or words, they don't like it will give people the information they need to work on compromises, or ideas, they can agree on together. No "hate speech," or government censorship needed. What these idiots involving the government don't realize, is they are going to suffer the same censorship. If that's the case, we could end up as bad as China. Not cool.

0|2
    0|0
  • Freedom of speech except for the obvious things like incitement of violence/suicide, false statements of fact, and obscenity. Those are three legal exceptions to my First Amendment rights as an American citizen because they infringe on and violate the rights of others, and I believe they’re just and reasonable exceptions.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do support freedom of speech.
    But when it comes to the n word it’s different.
    If blacks did not used the n word, then I think it should not be used, because why would it?
    But since blacks use it, then they can’t really expect other people to not say it.

0|1
    0|0
  • You're damn right I do. I don't believe in censorship. I think it gives all these pussies something to hide behind. My country, and even the world, has a shit ton of problems, but censorship gives people an excuse to avoid problems.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did have an opinion but I really like cookies. They are delicious

0|2
    0|0
  • Just because we can say anything, does not mean we should. Constraint is sometimes needed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, freedom of speech ALWAYS. But there are consequences to your actions. If you piss someone off or get fired that’s completely on you. You have the right to say and act however you want, no one is stopping you. But when you’re walking around with a busted lip and no job, might wanna think about when it’s appropriate to say certain things. Even then, no one is taking that right away from you. Be beaten up and broke and you are STILL allowed to voice your opinion. Just be mindful that you’re beaten up and broke that’s all☺️

0|1
    0|0
  • Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequence

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 43

• Everyone understands and supports freedom of speech but we all have different ideas about what it means. It does NOT mean that you can scream "fire: in a crowded theater as a prank and not face the consequences. It does NOT mean that you can make false statements of fact about someone else and not be held responsible for libel or slander. It also does not mean that manufacturers are free to make false claims about their products.

Any discussion of this topic needs to begin with a definition of "free speech."

0|1
    0|0
    • Response to update: If you want people to upvote your question, perhaps you should upvote their opinions!

• Not upvote my question but vote that you like cookies!

• If you want people to feel more friendly, upvote their opinions. You can give them 1 free point that moves them closer to their next xper level.

• Bad ideas fester in the dark, and die in the light. Freedom of speech must allow even the worst of ideas so that they might be fully debunked for how dumb they are rather than allowed to continue festering with silent anger.

0|2
    0|0
  • Freedom of speech doesn't exist unless people are allowed to say what might be offensive.

The idea that even speech has a limit because you can't yell fire in a crowded theater or incite a riot is a fallacy. It isn't the speech that is restricted, it is that one is responsible for the consequences of one's actions.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is possible to disagree with people without insulting them, or lying about them or their positions. It used to be called being polite.

It wouldn't hurt if society went back to not accepting impoliteness and defamation.

It is also not censorship unless the government does it, so dumping Alex Jones from the various platforms he's enjoyed is simply good business practice on the part of those platforms.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your poll options are ridiculous. Is that the best you could do?
    The only limits to freedom should be harm, threats of harm, and infringing on other people's freedoms. Other than that, we should be allowed to do pretty much whatever we want, whenever we want.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I support the 1st amendment so I do support free speech as free speech is what is protected by the 1st and it applies to everyone, both those you agree with and disagree with irregardless of political affiliation or personal views.

0|1
    0|0
  • Freedom of speech unless it incites violence against someone.

There is a wholly huge difference between "I hate white/black people" to "I want to kill white/black people"

1|2
    0|0
  • There are (and should be) exceptions, such as libel or inciting violence, but other than that, freedom of speech must remain unimpaired. Even if you say offensive things, you should be allowed to: offense can only be taken, not given.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely A but with few exceptions, false statements of facts like anti vaxxers, incite unnecessary violence or hatred and obscenity. Beside these reasonable exceptions I fully support freedom of speech.

0|1
    0|0
    • False statements of fact? Okay, define ALL FACTS FOR ALL TIME! Sorry, but I'm not a fascist. The proper response to "false statements of fact" is to promulgate truth. Let the morons be misled. They will be eliminated from the gene pool, and humanity will be improved.

• Show All
    • @HereIbe Use your head, would you want people to spread bullshit or rumours that can cost people's lives

• @HereIbe Because anti-vaxxers use half-truths and misrepresent facts that cost a lot of children lives so I ain't fascist but want truth/facts and only truth/facts

• Naturally I would like everything censored to accommodate my sensibilities. Only I am intelligent enough to realize what a ridiculous and unsustainable prospect that is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes