Is it rape if he's my husband?

So my husband doesn't like to have very much sex, but I have found myself really horny a lot recently, especially at night when he's tired from work and just wants to sleep...

So, I was thinking about maybe waiting until he falls alseep, and then riding him for a while to get off? He sleeps like a rock, literally NOTHING wakes him up, so that wouldn't be an issue. And he would not feel as pressured to have sex more than he wants, so that would be a good thing right?

The only thing is, I know he wouldn't go for it if I asked him. He'd never know if I didn't, but he wouldn't like it if I told him. So I'm not sure where this would fall around the line...

To be clear, I have NOT done anything.. yet. I just need to know if this is still considered rape? Thank you for answering.Is it rape if he's my husband?
  • Yes thats rape.
  • No its not.
  • Depends/ need more info.
    Vote C
If you vote the 3rd option please explain?

1831

Most Helpful Guys

• If you are sexually committed in a relationship where sexual consent can be assumed it is not rape by default unless they tell you otherwise. However, this is a different case. First of all you know he would not consent to this which means consent is not given, second of all he is unconscious so he can not defend himself if he does not wish to have sex with you. Therefore to do it legally it is absolutely required to get his permission first before having sex with him in his sleep as in this case consent can't just be assumed as he has no chance of revoking consent.

There is a deeper issue to the matter and cheating on him with his sleeping body isn't going to solve that. You should be focussing on finding a better balance when you are awake, even if its as simple as you just riding him while he does his own thing or him giving consent to the sleep fucking.

• Ya I guess.

• First of all if you really need it that badly just wake up earlier haha.
      But just casually bring up that you heard that its not normal to be extremely deprived off energy after work especially if it persists after a good night of sleep and that he might be on a slow path to a burnout. Assist him in finding some alternatives, perhaps he doesn't actually physically relax properly, perhaps there is to much going on at work, perhaps he simply has to long hours. Its hard to tell but try to find a solution with him. What can also help is for him to be observant of his breathing as its part of the reason i got the issue where if your this exhausted all the time it can be an indication he is breathing more then nessisary wasting a ton of energy which can be easily solved by training yourself to only breath in when its needed rather then doing it constantly. Find some material online about the signs of an upcoming burnout and some advice to remedy them, unfortunately mine where in dutch.

• Okay, I'll check, thanks.

• There is no question that it's rape. Simply reverse the genders in this scenario and it will be easier for you to see it.

Female doesn't want it.
    Wait for her to fall into a deep sleep.
    Take it anyway?

So much rape.

Most Helpful Girls

• dont do that! respect his wishes of space. he will be upset and tired. just masturbate... and try to sext him during the day instead

• He doesn't sext, he doesn't think there's a point to it, but yes I get it.

• k try doing some research:
      www.mentalhelp.net/advice/husband-hates-sex/
      strongermarriages.com/.../
      www.drpsychmom.com/.../
      You could try marriage guidance or make it clear that if his approach doesn't change a little, he runs the risk of you straying. This is a message all sexually neglectful spouses need to hear: you can't expect your partner to abstain just because you do.
      However, you have to accept your husband's limitations, just as he must comprehend your ardour.

• Ya true.. but honestly it would be more of a struggle to get him to go to therapy than to blow him. πŸ™„ He fucking HATES therapy. We've only been once, and i could probably get him to ho back, but that would be really tough..

I'll do research and try it though, thanks. You've been really helpful.

• I don't know but what I do know is, if he's tired and wakes up to you grinding on him, it could end up in a big argument.

• He won't wake up, I know that. I one time fell off the bed and gashed my knee on the bedframe and literally screamed bloody murder (it hurt a ton and was bleeding a lot) and he didn't wake up. And I also started slapping him to get him to wake up cause I couldn't get back up but he didn't react, and so I just crawled to the bathroom and stopped the bleeding myself.
      About an hour later he woke up, and THAT started a big argument.

• Okay wishing you the best x (Keep a steak at hand just in case he is a vampire hehe!)

• Lol thanks.