Is it stagutary rape if I'm 16 and he's 22?

I've looked it up and I can't find a yes or no answer to this question. My boyfriend is literally the perfect person for me however he is 6 years older than me is it illegal for us to have sex?
I'm from Canada

823

Most Helpful Guys

• I believe different provinces have different rules for it

But, I'm telling you, he's 22, and you're 16. He's A PREDATOR. THIS SHOULD SET OFF RED FLAGS TO YOU

AND WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS IN ALL OF THIS?

• I dont usually hangout with people my own age anyways like he thought I was older and I thought he was younger. I would consider myself pretty mature though for a 16 year old and I know the signs of a red flag and he hasn't shown a single one

• Ya my parents know

• Which means they should go to jail

Most Helpful Girl

• Quick google searching got me this.. "The Tackling Violent Crime Act raises the legal age of sexual consent in Canada to 16 from 14, the first time it has been raised since 1892. But the law includes a 'close-in-age exception,' meaning 14- and 15-year-olds can have sex with someone who is less than five years older." To answer your question, yes.. but I advise that you're aware of this guy's intentions before you do anything.