Is sex better when you have pent up tension with someone else?

So we had a lot of tension build up after we had a fight and stopped talking. When we finally resolved everything months later (some huge misunderstandings), he almost pounced on me. I was also gone over my head. It was the most passionate time I've ever experienced. I asked him later if he had just been horny and I had happened to be there and he told me no, he hadn't been horny and then said maybe it had just been a lot of pent up tension. He also made sure I was okay and was very tender, etc. Thoughts? Anyone else experience this before?
  • Yes, its better when there is a lot of tension
  • No, it isn't better

08