Why do they think we’ll have sex?

Ok so I’m 18
I have a girlfriend

I asked my mom if she could come over for awhile & maybe spend the weekend
even though I’m grown I still will ask for permission & my mom told me she’d think about it..
I haven’t asked her again but she talked to oldest sister about it , My sister told her to go ahead and let me

They both are talking about how they think we’ll have sex

honestly it’s none of their business
secondly... we weren’t going to... because I don’t know how to put on a condom & I’m kinda nervous to buy them... We were gonna do some stuff but not sex...

Why is that all people think about
why can’t they see it as me having a friend over?

My mom won’t let me do it but when my sister was 17 her old boyfriend came over & we heard them having sex, I was like 14

28