Who do you think has a higher ego?

I hear the argument a lot that men have high egos, and that the male ego is fragile. It's not even a rare claim, it's a mainstream talking point - example, Doctor Who includes a scene where a character reincarnates as a woman, and says she doesn't understand how men can cope with all that ego.

However, I don't think this claim is backed up by any kind of hard evidence or even research, and frankly, it is really insulting.

But that's not the question. The question is - which sex do you think has the higher ego?
  • Men
    Vote A
  • Women
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys. Always competing, always telling you they'll be the best you have, expecting a pic to make girls drop their pants.
    The Dr who thing is the new writer who seems determined to give everything the current female gender politics flavour. I mean the ad on tv is literally a glass ceiling shattering. Dr Who should be children's entertainment not political point scoring

0|1
    0|0
    • "Guys. Always competing, always telling you they'll be the best you have, expecting a pic to make girls drop their pants."
      Hey, if you have a better idea than to compete for girls, I am all ears! I tried idly standing in bus stops or clubs, but for some reason, girls just don't approach me. Crazy, right?
      No but seriously. Being competitive doesn't imply you are egotistical. Being full of yourself does.

"The Dr who thing is the new writer who seems determined to give everything the current female gender politics flavour."
      As if that was a rare thing. Star Wars, Tomb Raider, Annihilation, Game of Thrones, Incredibles 2, Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri, Deadpool, Ghostbusters, Oceans 8, Beauty and the Beast... I could go on and on and on. All got the girlpower makeover. I'd say that's pretty freaking mainstream.

"Dr Who should be children's entertainment"
      No it shouldn't. It's not, and never was, for children alone.

• Show All
    • Oh definetly. It's like people aren't being taught to work for things. Just told you can be what you want and have what you want. My parents taught me I won't get anything without putting in the work, hours, effort, s west and tears

• Tears are not always a good idea,. otherwise I agree.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys fosure lol, we're always competing bruh.
    Who can lift more, who drives faster, who can chug down the most, you name it lol me and my bros are always vsing each other in anything

0|0
    0|0
    • This is the first argument that actually makes sense. OK, question time:
      How does competing imply you have a big ego? Some of the greatest athletes of the world are often humble people. There are assholes, of course, but by no means does being competitive imply you have a high ego.
      In fact, can you define what "ego" is? How do you measure it? Just out of curiosity.

• Show All
    • "if you're constantly bragging about your accomplishments or putting down others for not having similar level accomplishments, then you have a high ego."
      And there's already a word for this: narcissism. The question is - are men or women more narcissistic? Well, that certaily puts things into perspective, doesn't it? I know a LOT of narcissistic women, it's not nearly uncommon.

"When me and my bros vs in these type of things, it's coz we're trying so hard to prove to each other who's the better male basically lol, we mainly do it in front of girls as well"
      No offense, but you are very young. I don't see this kind of behaviour in most men above the age of 20, in fact it is greatly looked down upon.

• Non taken lol, we have fun man it's not as serious as I'm making it out to be, but just in general in my opinion men more eager to show off their skills to let others think we're the top dog, it's an alpha thing. However I do see your point as well but yeah just my 2 cents

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I can't really say you can't just choose men because of the stereotype that men have big egos cause women can be very prideful, I'd say it's about equal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lmao that poll result... I am both shocked and not surprised at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • I always heard about men ego but in real life I've know more women that have big ego that men.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say guys. My crush Kevin and my friend Feliks both have big egos in the rubik’s cube world.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's truly a sample size we should build out stereotypes on! 2 men have high egos! It must be a rule!

Hey, I saw 2 hookers yesterday!

• Show All
    • Well, that's what they are supposed to do. That's called a competition. As long as they don't brag about it to others, I don't see how that's wrong.

• They don’t

• Definitely guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humans in general suck ass

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Easily us guys. I don’t have much of an ego tbh tho. I already know I’m better than you or anyone else for that matter. As for women, they backstab too much to have an ego.

0|0
    0|1
    • "I don’t have much of an ego tbh"
      He said, flexing his biceps to the camera.

"I already know I’m better than you or anyone else for that matter."
      Wow, dial it down, champ, I'm pretty sure I could break you in half.

• It's easy to compare. If we generalize people and make up comparisons, men's ego is like a huge boat filled with explosives and all sorts of guns, but if you just shoot it the whole thing will explode. Women are an inflatable boat with a rocket launcher. Guess where that rocket's usually heading.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes