Why are feminists so threatened by sex dolls?

I was browsing through articles on Feminist Current, Canada’s leading feminist news portal, and came across one titled "Sex dolls show us what men want from real women — we should pay attention", which I have linked below. Reading the author's thoughts and those of some of the readers who commented below the article, it struck my how victim-minded these women are, and how much bitterness they feel toward men and their sexuality. Comment like "the inanimate object that is a “sex doll” is merely a reflection of what men feel they are entitled to do to women", "Another dehumanizing step for women who are already considered merely receptacles to fulfill every man’s desires and fantasies", "It isn’t a plastic doll lying underneath them. It’s every woman who has turned them down; every woman they can’t have; every women who has been more successful, more praised, and more desired than the man can ever dream of being". I could go on and on, but suggest actually reading the article and comments.

Do these women not see the hypocrisy in their views when they masturbate with their dildos every night?

I'm really tired of feminists' response to every criticism of feminism, which is typically something like "those women are not real feminists... don't you know the difference between a feminist and a feminazi?"

People, this IS feminism. This is MAINSTREAM feminism, and it has sexism, hatred of men and male sexuality, and shear hypocrisy at it's very core.

Why are these women so threatened by a sex doll, which is nothing but a sex toy for men, when 95% of sex toys on the market are for women? I know some of it is just old fashioned bitterness and hatred toward men, but I have to think part of it is their loss of sexual control over men. What are your thoughts?

Here is the article...

https://www.feministcurrent.com/2018/09/08/sex-dolls-extension-men-want-real-women/

412

Most Helpful Girl

• I’d find it creepy if men or women had “sex” with a toy that realistically resembled not just genitals but an entire person. It reminds of those people that fell in love with their sex dolls. I’ve not heard of a man falling in love with a pocket pussy though.

• Let's be clear that men falling in love with sex dolls are rare fringe cases, and feeling creepy about something someone else does that has no effect on anyone else is really not a valid argument.

By the way, I have read about women developing "feelings" for certain dildos. Just sayin.

• @Exterminatore I think more of those men than not most likely wouldn’t be able to afford such an expensive sexual aide. But for those that can & use it like a vibrator that doesn’t seem weird. But to become emotionally attached to a sex toy seems sad & unhealthy

• The one guy in the documentary was a retired pilot. Certainly he had enough $ to get a gold digger and he had like 10 of those dolls. He also exhibited a clearly distinct lack of social skills. Harmless, but not quite “with it.”

I hear you. I think for guys like that... it’s probably ok, but can respect your opinion it’s unhealthy.

Most Helpful Guys

• So, I looked at the article but the comments are the most revealing. There are a few vile man hater feminists on there. If nothing else, this article reveals the extreme mental and social illness of these feminists. If a guy wants a sex doll in privacy so be it, but there are some whack job feminists on there talking about a sex offender like registry site for owning one. These feminists are pure control freaks and want men as their slaves and this article and comments peal the lid off that subversive fact and objective of feminism.

• So well said.

They want to enslave and rule over us, and I strongly think despite what most guys and gals will say which is something like this: “I agreed with 1st and 2nd wave feminism, but 3rd wave is too much” that I agree with none of it and the true objective from the get go was women ruling over their subservient man slaves.

• I think you’re exactly right and all that you’ve said is well stated. Obviously feminism is not about equality. Things are more than equal and have been for a long time. In addition to hating men, feminists also very much want to control and dominate men. I think you’re also exactly right in saying that feminists and feminazis are really one in the same. They like to play word games.

Their fear is exactly that. Loosing sexual control over men. They know that’s their bread and butter in controlling men. They fear being replaced by these as right they should. I own roughly $2000 of high end sex toys for men. No lame pocket pus*sies but high end stuff that works. If real sex is a 10 these are a 7. The reason? To cut out the middle man. I don’t need women for that. After a horrible divorce I’m not getting married again. I don’t want to even date again. By doing this I’m reasonably well sexually satisfied, and I’ll keep my money and sanity.

• Wells said brother. And on the subject of hypocrisy, which is something that is impossible to avoid when discussing feminism, it's interesting to note that a a core philosophy of feminism has always been women being independent and "not needing a man". The whole "women need a man like a fish needs a bicycle" thing. And yet feminists are SO FUCKING THREATENED" when there is any hint of men doing the same.

That, people, is one example of many of why feminists are widely considered to be the greatest hypocrites in human history.

• Sex. Sex is all that left. What? AS if sex isn’t going to happen WHEN and only WHEN she ok’s it, not that I’m suggesting rape is an option, but let’s face it, I want it every day still at nearly 42 years old, maybe 2x or 3x on a few days each month. So to me that’s all she has to offer. I’m not into sleeping around anymore. I’m damn sure not going to prostitutes. I don’t watch porn anymore for a long list of reasons, so what? Just use my hand like I have since I was 14. That’s B O R I N G. So I just got an army of sex toys at around $300 each and have 20 of them. I spent more than $2000 now that I think of it and I’m always satisfied, never bored and never going to here NO. So yeah women, because you all decided to be they way you are these days, you should fear replacement.

• Lastly I’ll add I saw a few articles on the internet, obviously propaganda where supposedly social scientists said that it’s men who should fear sex dolls and robots cause they’ll be replaced. Haha. Yeah right. Go get your silicone doll to fix the water heater, and a job for him too so he can support you ladies. That’s not how this works. It’s men that place the priority on frequent sex that ranges of normal to kinky. It’s you gals who place your main priority on security. Your male sex doll can’t provide that. However if you want one, by all means. I’m in no way threatened or bitter if you all get them. It’s YOU girls who need to worry as most of you are completely undatable, and with marriage rates at an all time low... have fun learning how to weld and learning electronics and plumbing and the blue collar jobs that are the only ones readily available and well paying if you don’t happen to have a masters degree or higher. Good luck in another industry with your “liberal arts degree.