I'm an Asian girl, but I tend to prefer non Asian guys (its really not my preference), is that normal? Is it wrong to date only different races?

214

Most Helpful Guys

• Actually, it's more "normal" than preferring your own race. Naturally, we are drawn towards people who are very different from us physically. This has been proven through evolutionary biology. It is a way to ensure our offspring will be as healthy as possible. The more diverse the gene-matching, the stronger the immune system of the child will be.

People only have sex with people from their own village if they've never left their village. Once they leave their tiny world, they usually start having sex with lots of different people and they don't go back to their small village for sex.
    In the same way, people only tend to have sex with (and marry) people from the same race if they never had the chance to be around different humans. If they get the chance of being around a lot of different people from different races, they usually start getting interested in all those "exotic" creatures.

I'm white and I have a strong preferences for Asian girls.

• 7d

that's interesting, I didn't think it that way, its some unconscious attraction I suppose?

• It's a preference like any other. One way or the other, you are applying certain traits of desirability certain non-Asians, physical or otherwise. It is not right or wrong. It just IS. In the past, races emerged to accommodate regional environmental conditions. Where we are mobile now, there is no particular value on preswerving racial purity as a survival strategy. Date who you want.

• 6d

that's reeally true!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's perfectly fine, everyone has preferences. Don't let anyone tell you it's not okay

• 7d

that's what I would like to think as well!