Is it strange that my girlfriend went from a shy girl to very sexual in a short period of time?

We've been dating for 9 months now and at first she was too shy to even hug me. I always thought her shyness was cute and innocent. But in the last few months she went from being careful with sex to asking for it almost every night. How did this happen so fast and what does it sat about her? I'm happy that she's so open about her sexual desires, its been great for our relationship. I just don't know how this innocent girl went from afraid of hugging to sending nudes/smacking my ass in public so fast. I guess she just got comfortable with me, anyone else expanded this with their current or past girlfriends?

23