Can Virgins Have HIV/AIDs?

Updates:
7d
I'm asking because my parents told me that you never have to get your partner tested for HIV/AIDs before you have sex if they're a virgin.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, because HIV/AIDS can be transmitted in ways other than sex. Contact between broken skin, wounds, or mucous membranes and HIV-infected blood or blood-contaminated bodily fluids can spread it. It can also be passed from mother to infant during pregnancy/childbirth, from blood transfusions (although this risk is small because of all the testing that blood supply and donated organs and tissues go through), by sharing needles or syringes with someone who has HIV, etc. Sex is definitely the most common way the virus spreads though, it's just not the only way. https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/transmission.html

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Yeah you pretty much covered the basics and not much else needs to be said. other than anybody who claims a virgin would never have HIV/AIDS is pretty damn ignorant.

Obviously chances are quite low but not impossible.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.
    A child born by a mother with poorly treated HIV are at risk of being infected during birth.
    Sharing syringes (e. g. I. V. drug users) poses a risk of transferring HIV from one person to another.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. STD's such as HIV/Aids are SEXUALLY transmitted diseases. That are spread through sexual contact.

0|0
    1|3
    • 7d

It's not limited to sexual contact. You could get infected by a bloodtransfusion for example

• Yes, of course.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Don't they teach health and sex education any more? This is basic stuff dude.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

No, they do. It's just that, my parents told me that you never have to get your partner tested for HIV/AIDs before you have sex if they're a virgin.

• 7d

Well, your parents are wrong. Sorry.

• Of course, you can be born with it or get it through blood contact (needles, transfusion, etc). Its not purely spread through sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah, blood transfusions can transmit it as well. They screen for it, but they can't catch everything..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because you can acquire it by means other than sexual contact.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if their mother was carrying it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch out for those gas pumps, OP.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes