How long have you gone during marriage without physical contact from your spouse?

To make a long story short, after 16 years of dating/marriage, my husband said that he doesn’t like having sex with me because I’m too rough. He never mentioned this during 8 years of dating or a two year engagement. He only said something after we both agreed that we did not want more children. I thought he might have a medical issue, but he said no. I thought it was stress or a phase, but nothing has resolved. It’s now been about 6-7 years without sex and 1-2 years without so much as a hug. Everything else is great. He’s a hard worker and terrific father. I just don’t understand why this has happened and why he waited 16 years to say anything. I feel very betrayed.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Am not married but just remember that if you are not getting sex from your husband then you have an option of getting it from elsewhere. Just have an open communication with him and let him know that you also have your sexual urges to be taken care of and you would like to get it fulfilled. If he is still giving you a cold shoulder find someone like a friends with benefits who could help you with this.
    On a side note I would like to appreciate and admire the way you controlled yourself for such a long time even though you were sexually frustrated. Respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • How old is he? May be he is fed up with you or has no sex drive now

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

He’s 45, so this started in his late 30’s.

• 6d

His sex drive is very weak may be he is cheating

What Girls Said 1

• 6 to 7 years of married life without sex is too much. I feel so sad for you and in some way I can relate to your situation. I am married from past 2 years and my husband works in the Navy and in this time I have already went without sex for over an year or so.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes