What’s the problem with nudity? In this day and age why do people still flip-out over breasts & bare skin?

The fear of nudity is the problem in society if people could learn to accept the nude form then people could hopeful start to accept themselves. People fear the unknown. If people get over themselves and move on then maybe people can see that one doesn’t have to be ashamed of what they have. Through art people learn and if people keep censoring art than art can’t do its job. In art there are many different reasons for having nudes in your work, however there are three main categories that come up more often. The first reason an artist might depict a nude person is to draw attention to something or some issue this as a true problem. The next reason an artist might use a nude, is to show an understanding of the human form. There is not a greater form, than God’s greatest work. Artists are here to show the beauty in this world, be that a vase, plant, or person. The final reason an artist will use a nude is to show vulnerability. They do this because clothes and jewelry and material objects only work to create walls between people. When being nude a person has nothing to hide behind, no things, no layers, no walls. Just bare skin. In this instant one can get a feel of the true character of a person. I appreciate the artists that use nudity in their artwork. We should allow them the freedom to expose us to the unknown.
7d
This in my view of it I was using a artist for a example in case you're confused. I'll love to read some of your opinions on the topic. :)

113

Most Helpful Guys

• The US's original colonies were founded by religious extremists who were being persecuted in Europe for their extremist beliefs and chose to move to a completely unknown and dangerous place - that took a very dangerous ship ride to get to - in order to be able to practice their religions as they wished. The Puritans, the Amish, the Quakers. the Barkers, and others were all in this group.

All of these groups were hyper-conservative, and the influence of their teachings live on in the US, despite the various sects losing more direct influence.

These groups were actively suppressed in Europe and their teachings and influence were actively worked against, so Europe tends to suffer much less of the guilt and shame associated with nudity and sex compared to the US as a result.

• Because nudity and the body should be sacred. Regardless of whether you are religious or not, I'm certainly not. But i don't want to see naked people out in public and no person I'm in a relationship with is gonna be nude or have others see her body who isn't me.

It's highly sexual, and it should be. Sex is a big part of my our culture and so is porn. You can't desexualize nudity but also have porn and sex okay such a role im society. People objectifying themselves and others is the problem.

Fuck any idiot who disagrees. I'm so tired of hearing these bullshit arguments all the time. Keep your fucking clothes on.

• 7d

*have such a role in society*

• 7d

Again that's not my point. But go off. I wasn't saying the body wasn't sacred my whole question was basically asking why women get be free to whatever I never said anything about going out in public naked i basically meant why can't women appreciate their skin and be comfortable and confident in their skin. 🤔

• 7d

They can be and should be. Why do you have to be naked for everyone to see to do so? You don't. It's just an objectification thing. It's for attention

Most Helpful Girl

• i completely agree with you! you left spechless hahahah. you had said everything i have to say in the topic. i dont understan the problem either