I got pregnant by a one night fling because I want to be a single mom, my ex-friend is threatening to tell him, will he be mad?

It was more a weekend fling. I slept with a guy from my ex friends social circle because I want to be a single mom. I timed our hookup to when I was ovulating so I could get pregnant. I never asked to use a condom and he never mentioned me being on birth control so I didn't trap him. Anyway I told my friend what I did now that I'm 4 months pregnant. She's threatening to tell him if I don't, but I don't want him involved.

I want to be a single mother. I'm not asking for child support. I'm 24 and have a good job. Will he be upset or will he hopefully just not care and leave me alone?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• That’s some fuck up shit! Both of you are irresponsible. You need to tell him and tell him what your plans were and are.
    I think he deserves to know and maybe he came inside of you on purpose as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • ... That is seriously fucked up on so many levels. Not to mention potentially illegal in some jurisdictions since you plan on keeping him out of it. Go get physiological help.

1|1
    0|0
  • If he asks, tell him that it's not his monkey you're carrying. Tell him that you let several guys rawdog you around the same time. Tell him that he's just one of a dozen. It's probably the truth anyhow.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, this is the most fucked up thing I have read in a while..

2|2
    0|0
  • I would definitely tell him he is going to be a dad, I would definitely not tell him it was intention. That will make him mad as hell and he does not need to know that nor does your friend. I hope you didn't tell her it was intentional! If so, pay her $ to shut up.

Why tell him... he is the father, he has rights, and children really do need fathers. I accept your... choice, no way to change it now, but you've been selfish. The child will want its father and gains value from fathers (if they are good). Start reading books, you have a lot to learn. Children without fathers is highly correlated to... problems... from what I've heard.

1|0
    0|0
  • Deplorable. You' could have easily gotten a sperm donor.

1|1
    0|0
  • So you want to deliberately impair a child's future because you're a selfish bitch, riiight.

0|3
    1|0
  • W H Y D O Y O U W A N T T O B E A S I N G L E M O M

0|1
    0|0
  • First, your friend, or ex-friend, should keep her mouth shut. It's none of her damn business. This now becomes a legal nightmare as well as a moral dilemma, and quite frankly, you shouldn't be seeking this kind of counseling on GAG. There are ramifications for all parties involved here, including the child. I would talk to a good lawyer who is well versed in maternal/paternal law, for starters, and find out what if any legal obligation you might have to inform him. Begin there. Oh, and tell your ex-friend once again to mind her own damn business and shut her freaking mouth !!

0|0
    0|0
  • Your behaviour is disgraceful. The child would benefit greatly from a relationship with its father. And the father is entitled to know he is a father, and to have a relationship with his child if he wishes. You're deliberately depriving both of a family life. Shame on you.

Will he be mad? Probably a bit, but he'll be having a whole mixture of overwhelming emotions. Elation, terror, and most of all, sudden realisation that he now has responsibility for another life. You need to feel a bit more of the last one, sweetheart.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you do not tell him, in some states if he ever finds out you will lose custody of the child and the baby will go to the dad.

0|0
    0|0
  • you used his seeds without asking, it a big issue, you should not do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him he's free and clear from being a dad

0|0
    0|0
  • lying cunt. as soon as things get tough you'll rush to force him to pay... I hope he kills you when you do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • You are an evil woman. But to your credit, it's good that you didn't ask for child support. Never tell him about what happened and stay away from him and move to another town, or do the right thing by having an abortion and keeping it a secret from him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally I’d push for as much physical custody as I could get sndnuse your hiding it as evidence I should get more.

But you know that’s just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well i'd be upset! But i'd also have used a condom so... he really shot himself in the foot.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• He deserves to know, and you may have a legal responsibility to inform him.

0|0
    0|0
  • As someone who was raised by a single mom and hasn’t seen her father for a while, I want to say that I think it’s unwise of you to make force the child to be raised without a father and it’s also cruel to the father as well, I don’t know why you may want to be a single mom so bad but please reconsider what you are doing because this impulsive decision could potentially ruin the baby’s life as well as your life, children are living sentient beings, it’s not just about wether you can pay for their necessities but also give them emotional support, having the father help you raise the child would not only make things easier but also help the child emotionally, specially considering how the child is going to feel when he or she sees everyone else has both a mom and a dad it can confusing for the child and since they are young you are not going to be able to explain the situation to them in a way they can understand it, so please reconsider what you are doing and tell the father so you can both come to an agreement to when he can see and spend time with the child if he wants to be part of his or her life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not meant for this society.
    Dear God, please save me.

2|1
    0|0
  • Oh fuck that. That is so inconsiderate and so unethical and I'm honestly so disgusted. That was so selfish of you, what about the man what about the unborn child he is going to grow up wondering why he doesn't have a dad and not having a male influence or a dad is going to fuck with him in more ways than one. You tell that man and you let him into that boys life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Grow up. There are sperm donors put there if you wanted to be a single mother. Sperm donors who agree to not being involved. This guy did not agree to being a sperm donor and has every right to be involved in his childs life if he wants to. Because that’s the thing - it’s his child just as much as it is yours. He has the right to know about it and you should absolutely tell him.

Also, how are you going to explain this to the baby? Telling them about their sperm donor is one thing but telling them you fooled a man who now doesn’t even know they exist, or even might exist is a different thing. How do you think the child will feel about this? How do you think your child will feel about this if he’s a boy? Do you think he’ll feel good that this is what you think about men and that it’s your right to use them this way? Or are you going to lie to you baby? Lie him/her straight to their face about something as important as how they came to be? How do you think they’ll feel about you once they learn the truth? Because yeah, most likely they’ll find out, especially since at least one of your friends know about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

The child is already fucked and it hasn't even been born yet... coud you imagine having a mother like this and what it woud do to you mentally? This woman is seriously messed up.

Recommended myTakes