After a hook up... how should I ask this person if there is something more without sounding odd?

I had a hook up with this guy and he messaged me saying he felt a connection and he just said really nice things. we have not talked since since he is on vacation and getting ready to transfer into another college. I reached out to him once but I felt really awkward. anyway school is starting and I feel like I will see him this semester despite the fact he doesn't go to my school anymore.

I KNOW we are going to hook up again and that's when I wanna ask... "so is this just a casual hook up or is there something more?"

that is all...

I don't want to sound weird... I want to talk to him more and get to know him more. maybe after the sex... we talk about each other and I admit that i think he's really attractive and that if there was a possibly of something more.

I love the way he thinks. he is a very smart guy. he is very logical like I am. I stumbled through his youtube channel and he is very humble. he is funny and quirky...

so what do you guys think?

03