Why do I crave physical and sexual intimacy so much at most times?

I’m single but I’m always craving sexual and physical intimacy with older men without getting involved in a relationship. I’m really desperate for intimacy and I don’t know why. I’m an intelligent woman working 9-6 at an investment bank, i work out everyday after work from 6:30-8:30, walk my dog. Yes I get hit on by so many people at the gym and workplace but I avoid them because I’m there to actually work out and to respect the professional environment I’m in. Yet, I’m always hungry and craving for older men’s attention and I’m desperate for physical intimacy with them. Due to the nature of my job and the environment of investment banking, I get eyed on and hit on by so many older men (I’m 24), but I’m too scared to give in to it although I’m always tempted to.

113

Most Helpful Guys

• It sounds to me like you crave sex and sexual contact. True intimacy is only possible with fidelity. I'd suggest that you very carefully start accepting the overtures of the most promising men but do so in a way that won't compromise your professional situation.

• A lot of people crave physical and sexual intimacy so that's not unusual. The fact that you seem to want it only from older men and not men close to your age is a little unusual but I don't think it's rare.

As for the reason for that, I'm wondering about your childhood relationship with your father. Was your father there when you were growing up? Did you have any positive interaction with him? My experience has been that often women that grew up with little or no connection with their father have stronger cravings for being with men and sometimes with older men.

Another possibility might be that you're more mentally mature than most people your age and so you think guys your own age seem immature and that's why you prefer older men. I think I was more mentally mature than average at that age and I had a couple of relationships with somewhat older women (5-6 years older, not 20 or anything like that) perhaps for that reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're gonna have a lot of "flirty" messages here after that lol