What Do You Say To Your Child If They’re Struggling With They’re Sexual Identity?

What do you say to your son or daughter if they came to you saying they think they’re bi-sexual? How would you handle it?

314

Most Helpful Guys

• I can understand you as if its hard for you to handle it
    Whatever open-minded or stuff other people like to be seen I know that its not always intellectual or even open minded to just sit there and accept whatever comes
    Sometimes you feel you can't just rest so you need and answer for yourself
    OK... You're his mother... You know him great.
    First let me ask what you think? Is he really (biologically) bi? Or it may that its others influence on him to believe he's bi while he's not?
    What you think is what have brought you on to ask for solution so its important)

• 7d

Thanks i am open minded and have several gay friends but it still came as bit of a shock. I seriously thought he was joking at first but basically I said if you are, that’s okay. My husband, his dad, died in 2017 after many years of ignoring his diabetes so he doesn’t have a male figure to ask such things. Do I think he is? No. I think society is so hung up on sexual freedoms (which is good) but also on labeling. Frankly I think he may be looking at other men whom he may feel are competition or comparing to himself and because he is “looking” he feels as though he’s attracted rather than just viewing an attractive person. I’ve never doubted my sexuality just because I looked at a beautiful woman and I feel there’s too much pressure today on young people do define who they are too quickly. I simply asked when he looks at these attractive men, does he react the same or differently with women? He said no. My real concern is that I wasn’t damaging because I thought he was kidding

• You will find your way, and whatever you find, I will always love you and im here for you, that's what I'll say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess I’d first tell him or her I loved them, thank them for coming to me and then ask what they means by struggle and try to help him/her work through it.