Have you ever bought a dildo (for yourself or someone else)?

Somebody said "even lesbians need penis; that's why they buy dildos." I pointed out that it's a myth; most people who buy dildos are men and most women get vibrators instead (source).

He said that those men are buying dildos to give to women. Even disregarding the fact that these female recipients would presumably be straight... I was curious if this is true.

Have you ever bought a dildo? Was it for yourself or somebody else?

• I have bought a dildo for myself
  • I have bought a dildo for myself, AND have bought a dildo for a man
  • I have bought a dildo for myself, AND have bought a dildo for a woman
    Vote C
  • All of the above
    Vote D
  • I have never bought a dildo for myself, but I have bought a dildo for a woman
    Vote E
  • I have never bought a dildo for myself, but I have bought a dildo for a man (but never a woman)
    Vote F
  • I have never bought a dildo for myself or anyone else
    Vote G

1828

Most Helpful Guys

• First, as a penile-American, I don't need a dildo.

I voted E but with an asterisk...
    It wasn't a dildo; it was a vibrator.

I have a beautiful blonde cousin who is 9 months older than me and lives in northern California. In 1992-1993, I was living in southern California but would visit my cousin, her twin brother, and their older sister a few times a year.

Since I had just moved to California in 1992, I spent my first Christmas there with them and my aunt.

14 years earlier when we all first met, the elder sister (17 at the time and also a beautiful blonde) used me (15 at the time) as a sex education living male doll to teach her sister (16 at the time) who was very innocent.

So, my cousins and I were reasonably close.

Well, in 1992, the younger sister who is very sweet and 30 at the time decided she needed a break from guys having recently split with a very good looking douchebag named Mark. However, she still had "needs".

So, she and I talked about it and I bought a "special Christmas present" for my cousin. This was before the Internet and you couldn't just run down to Target or Walmart to buy a vibrator or dildo back then. But we both knew that you could go to an adult store to buy such things. She felt highly uncomfortable to go in there by herself since it's almost always lonely and/or creepy who visit such places and she didn't want to be stared at the whole time not just because she'd be the only girl but because she was so beautiful.

So, we went to an adult store she knew of and we went in together as if we were a couple and shopped comparing things like battery life, length, "ribbed for her pleasure", that sort of thing...

I bought it and we left and, later she told me, she was VERY grateful.

About 1-2 years later, she thanked me again, but told me she "needed the real thing" and got into another relationship.

• Never. Why would men buy a sex toy, that is made for women? I imagine that they give it to their girlfriend, but I would just get jealous to that toy. I would want to be the only one who has sex with her. I'm born with a sex toy.
    @mladasrpska 🙊😂💕

Most Helpful Girls

• I've never bought anyone a sex toy, I don't even use toys. My 2 best friends are dating and they bought me the hitachi unicorn vibrator sometime last year (to encourage me to masturbate while I'm single), but I never use it lol.

• What if it's a dildo and a vibrator... like, for yourself.