Should you seek out a boyfriend if you’re not really interested in engaging in sexual activity?

Yes, of course that can definitely change if you meet the ideal person however if you’re not willing to put out too soon or don’t need to have sex then maybe you should stay single? Or find an ace guy? Lol am I right or do most men not need to have sex?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What is the purpose of dating for you? Just entertainment value?
    If so, just be clear about it up front. "I'm out to have fun, not interest in actually getting romantically involved."

You might get a few turn-downs, but at least you aren't leading them on. And they won't expect anything from you.

Gee, sounds like a bowl of fun, eh?

0|1
    1|0
    • No I don’t want to have sex. I’m saying if I meet someone with Internet I don't know how to tell them that I’m
      Not interested in being sexually active. Other way around.

• Show All
    • I don't know if we are on the same page lol

• Sex is an integral part of a normal man-woman romantic relationship. If you don't want to have sex with anyone why are you dating in the first place? What is the purpose of your dating and courtship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah you can have a boyfriend but you would need to communicate your feelings towards the relationship wethr you want to wait before having sex, wait until mariage, have absolutely no interest in sex, or want a non serious relationship.

Having a boyfriend isn't all about sex.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree but some men may not see it that way

• 7d

Sadly that's how our society is today.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Relationships aren’t just sex, that would make them just long term hookups. I’ve had a few semi successful relationships in my time, and none of them have involved sex. The only way to develop a relationship is to try, and many people aren’t comfortable having sexual with people they aren’t in committed relationships with. It’s totally fine to look for love without sex, and honestly I wish people placed more emphasis on doing so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know my age but no im not interested at least at first. But im hoping he's the same and thered need to be trust before anything happened. I dont agree with relationships being about sexual to start with, whats wrong with getting to know each other ans finding fun things to do you have in common with them and just being flirty/touchy feely not everythings about sex

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't really work that way. You dont get a boyfriend by sleeping around..

0|0
    1|0
    • I’m saying if I meet someone of interest and down the line and there’s chemistry, how do I say that I’m not interested in having sex or would rather wait lol

• Yes and no, for what reasons? i don't necessarily seek out a girlfriend, but i like having emotional support and someone to have fun with regardless if it's sexual or not, just because you are BF/GF does not entitle the other person to your dick/pussy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Everyone is sex crazed now a days so it seems to be expected

• Show All
    • No not really, when it comes down to values and beliefs you develop them at age 13 - 14 and they can barely be changed later in life, why that age? It's the age where your brain starts to develop cognitive thinking.
      Really when it comes down to it i'm just using big words to elaborate on the fact that i value being real and if someone can't do that why bother being in a pointless relationship with them when all they care about is sex.

• The simple fact that i'm 16 does not change anything about my argument, age should not even be considered here unless it's truly detrimental to the question

• Yes, just be honest. There's lots of dating sites for people not interested (but who might be open for it later) in sex

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Especially if its because you want to have premarital sex. Dating is not for that. It's not for you, its what your willing to sacrifice for the other and it should lead to marriage. If you have no interest in intimate relationships, dating is not for you. However, if you don't want premarital sex, dating is ONLY okay if your waiting for marriage to have sex and your looking for a partner who is also waiting. I never needed sex, and therefore I am celibate and been single all my life. Whatever makes you happy and be your true authentic self. That's what you should pursue.

0|0
    0|0
  • You would be straining someone along and they could be you're soulmate and they would look else where

0|0
    0|0
  • Is possible. Only be clear, and don't tease, or be indecisive, that kills relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • No men need sex eventually in the relationship

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes