I feel like I will never be able to get a job or build a career what do I do?

It makes me sad because I’m not very good at anything 😞 I’m 24 and I’ve only had 2 jobs each just for a month. I was happy when I worked at Subway but my boss didn’t like me. I have super anxiety. I don’t want to have to prostitute my whole life 😭

I’m not good at anything and I have really bad anxiety I don't know what to do I’m 24 and I’m ready to try again.

1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• First, you need to discover what interests you. Then, I suggest taking online courses. Use sites like Coursera and edx. You can learn absolutely free at your own pace or earn real certificates if you pay for it and pass. Cheaper and more convenient than real college. You can then add those certificates to your LinkedIn account. If you live in a big city, walk along busy streets or avenues looking for "Help wanted" or "Now hiring" signs. Experience is important for more advanced jobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have any medical, seek counseling, its usually $20 a week, more or less. e. g. there are companies like humanistic counseling if its in your area.

Crisis centers help with these situations too. They're not just for really big tragedies. Again that's if you have one in your area.

However depending on how crippling your anxiety is, I recommend better reconciling or control with that before diving into a new career. Again there are professionals, and I strongly recommend an ongoing counselor, that can help you succeed with this. Also there is an app called "Dare" that I think is highly useful with helping one who suffers from anxiety and panic attacks. It also helps with things like insomnia and more if I recall.

Some advice I might add is to ask "what-," (because there is always something), "-have I been doing up until now that I enjoy/find comfort in/can use to continue to better myself?" Ask any one or combo of those 3 things and more if you think of anything else to ask. Use the answers you find to help build a better future for yourself, if this makes sense. And the answers don't always have to be face value answers.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

This may be obvious, but I think it's important to say

Skills are key to success of any kind
      Skills are aquired through repetition, which takes action and perserverance/discipline.

• Sounds to me like you need to visit a local community college and have them give you an aptitude test to come up with the kind of training that would suit you and help you get a career. Working at Subway or any fast food place is not a career.

0|0
    0|0
  • My advice would be to seek some counselling. You may find it really helpful I notice everything you've typed is in the negative maybe look at why you view things like that. You are still young and have plenty of time. You are just as valuable as anyone else. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you are worth it and worthwhile because you really are! Best of luck and by the way I suspect once you get going nothing will stop you x

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep trying to find a job avoid prostitution it can cause you not to get a job because when they do a security background check they can see what you done.

0|0
    0|0
  • Normal life normal job = happy life
    If u get too famous or career oriented ur brain and u as a person changes drastically

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're ready to try again, try again. There's not much you can do but decide to have a better life.
    Until then you can cry me a river.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not going to troll you. Going to ask questions. Stay with me.
    What was the other job?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe the anxiety is making it harder for you to find a job. Seek some therapy to work on it

0|0
    0|0
  • Go play video games on Twitch while wearing revealing clothing and you will roll in money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make money by being a sperm donor 👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Get your anxiety remedied.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did you post this in sexuality?

0|0
    0|0
  • Never give up, you're still young