When does LGBT go too far?

I know this might be a very controversial topic but does anyone think some people in the LGBT community go too far? By that I mean when people EXPECT at least some representation of the community in film or media when its not exactly essential. It goes too far when people get upset that there was little or no representation but how can any film or TV show be expected to represent every part of a society? You could get equally mad that there was no representation of elderly people... films can't have everything...

39

Most Helpful Guy

• - When they normalize transsexualism allowing children hormones and other medical treatment when they're under 18 years old. When they expose minors for transsexualism in the medias, they makes children believe if they're insecure about their bodies, looks, the gender role they "choose" and have problems they've to be transsexuals.

Having certain symptoms doesn't mean you've to belong to a specific diagnose as different problems have similar symptoms with slightly differences.

- When they feels like they've to invent new genders like agender, demigender, bigender etc. because of they're unhappy about the current gender roles instead of talking about the real problems; gender roles.

- When they feels like they've to invent new sexuality. I believe agender is real and pansexual is a way to phrase a less picky version of bisexual, but such nuances as demisexual aren't really necessary.

- When they're putting a lot of stereotypes in the gay parades and later on blame the straight population on believing in them. Why do people in the parades wear costumes (either flamboyant or butch costumes), leather, fetish stuffs etc. if they're against these kinds of stereotypes?

Most Helpful Girl

• The problem is that average people, like me, have no interest in LGBT whatsoever. Sorry, but I go to see a film with some sort of story line I am interested in. It is pointless adding bits that have no relevance. I go to watch a futuristic space epic. I don't want to see a clip with LGBT stuff. It is irrelevant.