Why people lose their mind when I admit I have no use for a girl iam not gonna date?

At college and work i meet plenty of girls, coworkers, classmates... etc and i greet all of them, friends with all of them and on good terms with almost every girl i know , however i have no interest in close friendships with girls like with my male friends, i keep my distance, and if its a girl i like but i can't be with for one reason or another then i simply would rather not be close to her or even cut her out of my life if i feel iam gonna get emotionally attached.

people usually lose their mind and bash me when i admit i have no use for female friends and i i avoid girls i like whom i can't date (mainly cause they are taken ), its like iam expected to be close friends with every girl i run into, and if a girl doesn't wanna date me i still have to be her friend, in reality though iam not obligated to be anyones friend and i explain this to girls , yet they seem to have a problem understanding it... i know women find me very attractive and they dont hide it, iam also laid back and overall confident around others and like joking around so i understand why would girls wanna be my friends, but i simply see no benefits in it for me and suddenly iam being the bad guy for admitting this?

21