Girls, have you ever had guys asking you if you’re trans?

Okay, a guy saw my pictures on a dating app calling me beautiful and gorgeous. That while we were messaging back and forth with a good conversation. Out of left field he said: “so yeah, you’re hot and sexy. Can I ask you something? Are you trans?” Me: “What? No. Why would you ask me that? Do I look trans?” Guy:”never mind forget I said anything. Just trying to be careful, you never know these days...”

So I ended the conversation. While also feeling a little insecure about my looks. Looking in the mirror why he asked me such a question.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• In the last few years this has become somewhat of a problem especially in online communication. There are plenty of trolls that try to trip you with some "hot" trans chick pic. It happens quite often in the "How do i look" section. It is therefore to be expected for guys to become a bit suspicious of even slightly masculine features on attractive women. All women have some features that can be a bit masculine so I wouldn't be to concerned about that question. The guy was probaly just overly cautious and lacked tact.

0|3
    0|0
  • Guys have to ask nowadays because there's so many men pretending to be women on dating apps trying to trick straight men in dating them. It's fucked up, so don't take it personally

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• If you are really gorgeous a guy will ask you that.

Ex. If you wear heavy makeup, have any work done.

I've been asked too. And was explained i looked to perfect, and that was an aspect of trans guys sometimes trying to cover up.

So dont take it as a bad thing, clearly you're gorgeous.

But then there's always a case you are really tall and a tomboy... that may be telling you something

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• To be honest, he was kinda right "you never know these days".
    I'm sure you don't look like a trans, by asking you that he was trying to assure himself that you're a real women, and not very pretty transgender.

0|3
    0|0
  • Turns guys really know how to apply makeup. They can look drop dead gorgeous.
    He may have found this out for himself in the past, and now he’s being safe.

0|1
    0|0
  • I suggest to just take it as a compliment and don't overthink it too much. I'm sure you're gorgeous 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • you really never do know these days lol

0|2
    0|0
  • Never 🖤

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but this is interesting though

0|0
    0|0
  • thats so rude of him... he misunderstood