Do you ever notice someones natural scent or "pheromones" when you develop an intense attraction? Does noticing this mean there's a sexual attraction?

I have had an intense crush for a while. I never noticed her smell before. However, in my last dental appointment I all of a sudden smelled her body odor. Like her natural scent. Im not talking about stink. Just her natural odor. It creepy me out because it felt intimate.

If someone is releasing their pheromones around you... is that a natural sign they like you too?
  • Yes. I notice. And yes, when people start to get triggered by natural body odor they are sexually attracted. We are not talking about stink! Just natural smell.
  • Yes I've noticed. But I notice the natural body odor people have even if I don't like them.
  • No. I honestly dont smells much
    Vote C

12

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, absolutely. I sometimes if that's kind of a stupid and shallow way of getting attracted to a girl, but if I'm really drawn, I tend to like the scent -- from the most sexual parts to even how her neck smells. There might be a blend between natural scent and perfume there but the perfume on its own does little -- it's that precise combo.

>> If someone is releasing their pheromones around you... is that a natural sign they like you too?

That I don't know. I just know that when I'm really attracted to a girl, I like her scent just as much, if not more, as to how much I like her looks.

• 7 d ago

I sometimes [wonder] if that's kind of a stupid and shallow way of getting attracted to a girl [...]

• 7 d ago

Sometimes think there's a "compatibility" thing there with scent. When I was really drawn to a woman and smitten that way, I liked how she smelled. It's a strange thing. Meanwhile, I've dated girls who were arguably better-looking, at least on first impressions, and by public consensus, but I wasn't drawn to their scent the same way as the ones I became mad over.

• 7 d ago

Kind of a chicken or egg dilemma though. It's like did I fall for them because I loved their scent, or did I fall for their scent because I fell for them? I can't tell. :-D

Most Helpful Girl