How would you feel if you found out your FWB was pregnant and miscarried--and did not tell you?

Anonymous
While I was going through a divorce, I had a brief long distance affair with a really good friend. I am 32; he is 52. A few weeks after, he told me that he tried to "fall" for me, but the "feeling" just wasn't there. Basically, he was emotionally unavailable; he simply isn't ready for a relationship. We both tried to maintain our friendship. During this time, I found out I was pregnant. I was unsure of how to approach the topic with him, and before I could, I miscarried. I decided that it would be best not to tell him. I was trying to protect him. Why burden him with the news of an unplanned pregnancy cut short? I was sad and stressed, relieved and confused. My emotions caused strain to our relationship. On top of all of this, I am currently enrolled in grad school full time (interning as a full time high school teacher). While talking to a mutual friend, he found out about the pregnancy and miscarriage. When I found out she did this, I was extremely upset; I did not want him to worry about me--because that is just the way he is. Though he cannot be there for me on a romantic emotional level, he does still care about me--and it's obvious through his actions. We've spoke very briefly about the pregnancy/miscarriage. He was very comforting, and he mainly expressed concern about my health. He still hasn't revealed his feelings to me. He tells me to not to worry about him, and says that he just wants to make sure I am okay. Recently, we decided to take a communication break. He says that this break is best for both our sakes. Later he sends a text saying that he doesn't want to end the friendship, but wants to give me the break I need. He says true friends will be there in the end. If you were a guy involved with a really good "friend with benefits;" how would you take the news of a pregnancy/miscarriage? I am just trying to understand how he feels right now. I have not spoken with him in a week; I am respecting his wishes. However, I am still really worried about him.

**I should note that he is a father of two sons, both grown.**
+1 y
*sigh*
+1 y
My miscarriage was misdiagnosed. What now? Do I tell him? If I do, do I tell him that he is not obligated, and that I will handle the things on my own?
3
0