What does it mean when guy comments on your lipstick?

GirlyGirlPrim
What does it mean when a guys says something like I like the way your lipstick matches your dress or I noticed how your lipstick matches your dress. I got a lot of compliments on my outfit yesterday. Essentially, my male coworker came into my office and started talking to me. He asked me how was my recent vacation was, He asked me about my new apartment, how I'm liking the job so far etc. Then he made the comment I'm inquiring about. I can't fully remember if he specifically used the word "notice" or "like", but said the sentence in the following way: I like the way your lipstick matches your dress or I noticed how you lipstick matches your dress. I believe he said like.

Honestly, I thought it was an odd comment and told him "that's a very interesting observation". He then said to me if you need help with anything let me know and then he left the office. Mind you we don't hold the same position. He's an engineer and I am a secretary. How can you help me with my administrative responsibilities? He stopped by my office before leaving and made a comment to enjoy the holiday and see you later. As i was telling him bye i noticed he lingered a bit looking at me for awhile, and left possibly because I was saying bye. I should add that this guy has made a comment to me in the past about my hair looking beautiful and I have noticed he would watch me from the distance sometimes whenever he's around. Also, he always does these things when I'm alone.
6
0