4 d

Did you know that today was "NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY"? ... Is it really necessary to hide?

Friday, October 11

I know many people feel the need to stay undercover, so I was thinking of all the reasons why someone would feel like that, and there really are some very valid reasons that I have came up with for it.

Here are the ones that I could think of off the top of my head.

1) Shame. Many people in society have still not accepted the idea that anyone can be bisexual, lesbian or gay... am I right?

2) Rejection. Who wants to be rejected by family or friends?

3) Vocation. It could be detrimental for you to come out at work, if you work in the type of industry where it is frowned upon, and my cause the loss of a job, or promotion

4) I don't know the word for this one, but there are some that enjoy staying anonymous. It has a certain eroticism to it that they want and enjoy or they are private and just don't think it is anyone else's business, which is OK too.

Well, if you are "Coming Out" today, I hope that you are accepted for who you really are and not judged for it.

SO HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS: How do you feel about "Coming Out"?

Should people who are not heterosexual...

1) Stay in hiding or
2) Announce it to the world or
3) Just go about their daily lives not caring who knows and who doesn't?

Should coming out really be made into a big thing?
Did you know that today was
A. I don't think there should be a "Coming Out Day". Just live your life like you want and don't make a big deal out of it
Did you know that today was
B. Yes, a "Coming Out Day" is important to give people the courage to come out of hiding
Did you know that today was
C. It really doesn't matter to me either way actually, just don't try to shove it down my throat, or stick it in my face please!
Vote C
Did you know that today was
D. OTHER, see my comments below, or just open the "National Coming Out Day" survey
Vote D
GirlGuy
11
1