27 d

At what age should girls be allowed to dress in less conservative styles?

laurieluvsit
Ok, here is why I am asking.

My little sister, Missy, is way younger than me, and even my middle sister, Crystal.

At like 10-11 years old, (she is 17 now), she started wanting to dress more like her older sisters.

So what do parents do when their elementary/middle school child is wanting to do things like wearing nylons and mini-skirts, low cut tops, high heels, etc, etc, etc, to look more like her older sisters or other girls in higher grades?

And so far we have only discussed outerwear, but what about underwear? ... should the same rules apply for underwear as it is for outerwear in terms of what styles, at what age, like thongs, boy shorts, padded bras, etc, etc?

It seems since underwear can not be seen so than why does that matter so much? ... like what hill do you want to die on as a parent?

What line did your parents draw for you not to cross on this matter?

How old were you when you started dressing more like an older teen with outerwear and was it a different age for underwear?

Guys, what do you think about the age girls should be able to dress less conservatively should be?

Don't be shy... share your views on this sensitive, personal, subject... PLEASE!
A. I think 10 is old enough to start dressing in outerwear more like older teengers dress, there is nothing wrong with it
B. NO WAY! 10 is still a little child yet, they need to be an older teenager in order to dress in outerwear like an older teenager does
C. 10 is not too young for thong/boyshort type panties and padded bras. It's just underwear, no one is going to be seeing it
Vote C
D. NO WAY! Thong/boyshort style panties and padded bras are never to be worn by young girls, only older teenagers or young adults
Vote D
E. I disagree with any girl living at home wearing any underwear or outwear that isn't totally conservative, period, end of story!
Vote E
F. I am a libertarian about it, as long as they are not dressed totally like a hooker, some more liberal teen type styles are fine with me at any age
Vote F
G. OTHER, see my comments below, or just open the "Youth vs Teen Wear" survey
Vote G
GirlGuy
33
18