Different tastes in sex, any advice?

Anonymous
My boyfriend only ever seems to want it rough, which is hot sometimes, don’t get me wrong, but he just won’t let us have normal “vanilla” sex anymore. Sometimes he’s so rough with me that it actually hurts and bruises a bit just from how hard he’s going.

He doesn’t really ease up or stop when I tell him to either, and it’s not like I can physically push him off or away since he’s so much bigger than me. I wouldn’t call it abusive or anything tho, even if it might seem that way based on how I’m describing it.

I’ve tried talking to him about it outside the bedroom and he always apologizes and says he’ll try to be gentler, but it never happens.

Ik some people might recommend denying him sex, but I’d feel bad doing that to him. Breaking up might be an option too, but I really love him and this is literally our only issue. If it comes down to it, I’d rather just let this keep happening, but I’d like to hear others’ input.

Sorry if this sounds dumb as shit, I’m fairly new to sex and this is my first relationship.
Different tastes in sex, any advice?
14
1