Do you think casual sex/hookup culture objectifies women?

lightbulb27
Women don't like to be thought of as objects, that's an assumption... maybe some do.
Just havin fun
Just havin fun
But it would seem they were perceived more valuable when a dude would put interest into the girl, pursue, treat her to food and time together, maybe go down on a knee and hand her an expensive piece of rock that some poor African dug 2 miles underground. Then he assumably gave a lot to her as he worked and supported a family.
Shes with me and I value her?
She's with me and I value her?
In that case, it seems like she was a person, had value.

In hookup culture, it's all about how she looks and what pleasure he gets from her. I'm ignoring the fact that she gets what she wants, some need of hers is being met. Maybe women see it all as ok since they have obtained work and independence?

Women used to charge for such services when they weren't "free sexually", like a wife would collect 1/2 of what he pulls in, or she would at least charge in prostitution. Now, they have become "free/cheap". It seems their value has dropped, from a male viewpoint.

Am I seeing this correctly? Women have become cheapened when they became "free" sexually".
Objectified and cheapened
Objectified... shhh... don't tell them about the cost cause it's workin' ok for me
Not objectified
Vote C
Something else
Vote D
GirlGuy
8
16