Why did my boyfriend ask if I am on the bill after having sex?

mangosmall
I started birth control a while ago now, I was getting side effects and he said maybe I should just stop it if its causing issues. However, I stayed on them while he was away and my body has now adjusted to them (it feels better anyway). He doesn't like wearing condoms (we have both been tested and are both clean). He came home and we had quite a lot of sex, after I told him that I feel better on the pill and he asked if I am still taking it. I said yes but he didn't seem happy about it? He just went 'hmm' as if he wasn't pleased?

I don't know if I am overthinking this but he has made strange comments in the past about children and pregnancy such as 'I could have a baby with you' or the benefits of pregnancy etc. He hasn't mentioned stuff like that at all recently, but I still find it strange
3
1