1 mo

Is erotic art just another type of porn?

Anpu23
So me and @mistixs were having a conversation about erotic art, and I'd like everyone else's opinion. Her statement was "it's not the same because you don't want to jerk off to sunsets, rivers, and birds" I disagree as I stated "
Creating art is itself a sensual act. I've known artists who do get arousal from drawing and painting benign scenes. If it doesn't move the artist in some way is it truly art? If it doesn't move the viewer in some way is it truly art? Yes I'm an erotic artist, my work has been shown in galleries and festivals does it invalidate it because it's a female form? Is HR Geiger not a valid artist because of his subject matter? What about Joel Peter Witkin? And if my art isn't valid what about my poetry, my writings, my other works does the one invalidate the other? " What do you guys think I'd love to get a wider view.
one of my pieces
one of my pieces
Thanks
0
2