8 d

Is it common for people who've been sexually assaulted in their childhood to remain close and still love their aggressor?

Anonymous
My boyfriend was sexually abused by his mom when he was younger. He doesn't want to talk about it too much as he seems very ashamed of what happened. What I find disturbing is how he still want to see his mom and spends time with her. Also, he sometimes says how I'm like her with some sparkles in the eye. I don't what to think about it. Sometimes, he says how awful it was to be abused and even hit by his mom, sometimes he talks about her like she's the best woman in the world. I don't really understand and I think it's weird and awkward.
There are times when we are intimate I would swear he's thinking about her or I can't really say why but... He would say things like:"Am I a good son?" "If mama ain't happy, no one's happy". I can't help to wonder to which extent it's about what happened with her... I'm so confused.
1
0