25 d

Should a man lie to his girlfriend in this case?

Tonytoutouni123
A friend of mine used to be very unpopular with women and was always rejected.

When he was 20 he went to a prostitute and lost his virginity there. Since then he went to prostitutes regularly, but still did his best to become more attractive to women. He started going to the gym and lost 10 kilos (22 pounds), took much better Tinder pictures, moved from his parents (from a small village) to Stuttgart (the nearest big city) in a shared flat and since then tried to meet as many people as possible.

His situation has indeed changed a lot! He is still not a womanizer, but he has managed to have many one-night stands lately.

Since a few days he has his first girlfriend and he is very happy because that is what he has always dreamed of.

When he told me that he now has a girlfriend I was very happy for him. But I asked him what he will say to his girlfriend when she asks him about his first time having sex, because in a relationship sooner or later people talk about how they lost their virginity. This made him think a lot and he didn't know if he should tell her the truth or rather not tell her about the prostitutes. He asked me what I would do:

Generally I am in favor of telling the truth. But in this case I consider a white lie legitimate. Since I am sure that for most women it would be a huge turn-off to find out that their boyfriend went to prostitutes and even lost his virginity with a prostitute, I recommended him to keep his prostitution past a secret from her. Of course he doesn't go to prostitutes anymore, because he has a girlfriend now and he is faithful to her.

Now my question: do you think he should tell the truth, or rather hide it?

By the way, prostitution is legal in my country.
To be honest, it would make my boyfriend less attractive to me if he had lost his virginity with a prostitute. But I probably wouldn't leave him because of that. I think your friend should tell her the truth!
To be honest, it would make my boyfriend less attractive for me if he had lost his virginity with a prostitute and I would probably leave him because of that. Nevertheless I think your friend should tell her the truth!
It wouldn't bother me at all and wouldn't make my boyfriend less attractive for me at all if I found out that he lost his virginity with a prostitute. I think he should tell her the truth!
Vote C
It wouldn't bother me at all and wouldn't make my boyfriend less attractive for me if I found out that he lost his virginity with a prostitute. Nevertheless I think he should lie because I think it would bother most women and I guess I am rather an exception!
Vote D
Something different (I will explain in the comments)
Vote E
GirlGuy
42
13