Besides reproduction, do you think one would be better off without sex or lust in their life?

MCheetah
If you became asexual and your libido was completely gone tomorrow, would it somehow make your life worse? Or would your life get better without all the distractions lust brings up in our lives?

If you either never wanted kids, or already have the most number of kids you could ever want, would you truly think there was a useful benefit to sex in society? Besides the selfish purposes of people feeling physical pleasure out of it.

I personally think a libido, or sex itself, is more of a detriment to society than a benefit. Children aside, look at how many men act like complete losers and simp out to a woman. Or the extremes women go to, to exploit their sexuality for gain. I am not like most men in that I don't let my penis control my life or destiny. However, sadly, I still have sexual urges and desires, on rare moments. I do kinda wish I was just asexual, though. I can't imagine how much more efficient and accomplished I'd be in life without such a distraction.

Women already desire sex only a fraction as much as men do (most women barely ever desire sex, at all), so imagine how much more efficient and successful other men would be in life without sexual urges holding them back?

But what do you think?
1 y
For people implying it'd make relationships, you can still show love to a partner in other ways. I personally don't think sex is required to be with someone and that someone who couldn't have sex, for medical or injury reasons, is now unloveable because of it.
6
15