15 d

Is masturbation good or bad and does it increase or decrease serotonin?

ADFSDF1996
The age old question that nobody seems to be able to answer. Some say it’s bad for you and others say it’s good for you. It doesn’t help that the studies tend to contradict each other. One study will say that masturbation causes anxiety, yet another study will say that masturbation decreases anxiety. There’s also studies that say Masturbation decreases muscle mass, yet other studies that say masturbation has no connection to muscle growth.

Serotonin is considered to be a very important chemical in the human brain that helps keep a person happy and calm. A deficiency in serotonin is linked to depression, anxiety and a wide array of mental disorders like OCD. That’s why it’s often recommended to eat foods and supplements that increase serotonin and also do activities like getting sunlight and enough exercise in order to increase serotonin.

But my question is what effect if any does masturbation have on serotonin levels. Does it increase or decrease serotonin levels. As someone who suffers from OCD I’m always seeking ways of raising my serotonin levels and I would like to know if Masturbation is another action that potentially raises serotonin levels. If it decreases serotonin then I guess I have to keep working on achieving “NoFAP”.

To Fap or not to Fap?
1
3