How do you feel about evolutionary psychologists saying that men are naturally inclined to commit violence and rape?

mistixs
There's a stereotype about feminists viewing men as naturally inclined to commit violence and rape. There are indeed some radical feminists who feel that way, but I've seen that idea espoused much more by evolutionary psychologists. I haven't noticed as much outcry against it, though. Some examples:

"You Should Know How The Male Brain Reacts To Handling A Gun: The evolutionary psychology of mass shootings." Frank T. McAndrew, Professor of Psychology, Knox College
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/young-males-guns-psychology_n_566226e4e4b08e945fefae4c

"A Natural History of Rape: Biological Bases of Sexual Coercion is a 2000 book by the biologist Randy Thornhill and the anthropologist Craig T. Palmer, in which the authors argue that evolutionary psychology can account for rape among human beings, maintain that rape is either a behavioral adaptation or a byproduct of adaptive traits such as sexual desire and aggressiveness, and make proposals for preventing rape." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Natural_History_of_Rape

"Although they argue that rape is biological, Thornhill and Palmer do not view it as inevitable. Their recommendations for rape prevention include teaching young males not to rape, punishing rape more severely, and studying the effectiveness of "chemical castration." They also recommend that young women consider the biological causes of rape when making decisions about dress, appearance, and social activities."
https://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2000/01/17/93527.htm
So do you find these claims by evolutionary psychologists to be offensive?
I agree, so I'm not offended by either radical feminists or evolutionary psychologists saying this
I disagree, but I'm still not offended by either radical feminists or evolutionary psychologists saying this
I'm only offended by radical feminists saying this (please explain why)
Vote C
I'm offended by both equally
Vote D
I'm offended by both, but moreso by radical feminists who say it (please explain why)
Vote E
I'm offended by both, but moreso by evolutionary psychologists who say it (please explain why)
Vote F
GirlGuy
4 mo
It's important to note that evolutionary psychology is very different from regular psychology. Most regular psychologists hate evolutionary psychology.

Basically what evolutionary psychologists do is look at modern occurrences and assume there MUST be an evolutionary basis for all of them, despite the wide differences in behavior/norms across different societies.
4 mo
The most alarming part of these results is the percentage of people who actually agree with the hypothesis
109
16