Do you think people would still go out clubbing, cocktail bars and pubs if alcohol didn't make you drunk?

Futureboy
Do you think people would still go out clubbing, cocktail bars and pubs if alcohol didnt make you drunk?
Do you think the reason most people go out for a night on the town is purely to get drunk rather than to socialise with friends?

As in it starts out as a social gathering then it gets to a point where all you care about is getting more drunk.
Now I wanna stress I hate going to clubs and much prefer a few drinks down the pub. Mainly due to being a bit socially awkward, hating the music they play and getting drunk people taking advantage of you, mostly thinking your going to steal their girlfriend. (Granted I know there are Rock and Metal clubs but still)

I am just curious because once you become drunk or to the point that you are not in control does it matter who you are with at this point?

You go to a bar or club with a group of friends but once you become drunk you mingle with anyone until the person who is less drunk finds you all and gets you a cab back home.

So my point being is that could the people that go clubbing etc still feel it is worth going if they are essentially coming back sober?

Plus you would limit the amount of one night stands because women would more easily be able to say no to sex. You wouldn't get the rowdy atmosphere and clubs would loose money, because lets face it you only buy more drinks to get drunk or when you are already drunk.
3
2