1 mo

Would you let your 14 year old daughter. . . ?

OlderAndWiser u
This image reminds me of the arguments that I occasionally hear on G@G regarding sexual assault: a woman has the right to dress however she chooses when she goes out in public, or to even walk down the street nude, and that does not authorize anyone to sexually assault her, so. . . don't you DARE tell her that the way she dresses may encourage sexually inappropriate behavior which targets her. If you suggest that she bears any responsibility, however slight, to take steps to protect herself, then you will be condemned to feminist hell!

I think that argument misses the point. If someone steals your car, they are criminally responsible, but you still don't leave the car unlocked and the keys in the ignition when you leave it parked somewhere in public, do you? You don't encourage criminal behavior.

Back to sexual assault. Suppose you had a 14 year old daughter who was at home unsupervised during the summer while school is in recess. She calls you at work and asks if she can invite one of her female friends and two boys to the house so they can all go skinny dipping in the pool. There is a privacy fence and no one else will see them; the kids doing what she proposed is not illegal. Would you give her permission to do that? Would you tell her "absolutely not!"? Would you let her make that decision? If you would not allow her to do this, why not? Her going nude in the presence of boys doesn't authorize them to touch her in any way and she has the right to dress or undress however she chooses, right?
Swimming bear ass in the pool!
Swimming bear ass in the pool!
If you choose this as your forum to simply say whatever you want without first addressing the question I asked, your response will be hidden. Please at least begin on topic!
Yes, I would allow it. She should have that right.
No, I would NOT allow it. That would be a poor decision.
I would allow her to make that decision.
Vote C
GirlGuy
14
27