I'm thinking about joining FetLife. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Jamie05rhs
So, as you all know, I'm single and I'm looking for a Significant Other for a long-term (permanent) relationship. And I haven't had any luck so far. I've had many, many, many, many leads; but they all turn out to be dead ends. And since this isn't horseshoes, close doesn't count.

I feel like I need to shake up my strategy a bit. I need to think outside the box. Maybe I need to do something that I wouldn't normally do.

So that brings us to fetish dating. Specifically, FetLife. It's a website my friend (female) told me about a few years ago. FetLife has been called the Kinky Facebook. Now, while it isn't technically a dating site, you can still meet people there. So, I figure, why not give it a shot?

Well, I will address the negatives first: For one, it's kind of, shall we say, "seedy." And I generally don't go to places that are seedy. Because I wasn't raised that way. It could be bad for one's reputation. Also, I'm somewhat afraid of the potential characters that I may meet there. Frankly, I don't want to become too close to a bunch of weirdos. (No offense.). Lastly, there's the issue of exposure to NSFW material. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and stay away from nudity these days, so that could be a detriment to my intentions for my lifestyle.

However, there are some potential positives: I could meet a nice girl. One of the benefits of revealing one's sexual preferences is that you can have a more precise match. Granted, none of that really makes a huge difference to me at the end of the day; all I really want is a virgin (like me) and someone who I can get along with personality-wise. Still, matching on kinks couldn't hurt, right? Even though my preferences don't exactly qualify as kinks.
(Now, obviously, there's a risk of her being crazy, but that's something I'll have to deal with when we cross that bridge.)

So what do you all think? Do you think there's potential here? Could this turn out to be a successful venture?
Im thinking about joining FetLife. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
8 mo
My main concern, I think, is having a girl be too obsessed with the sexual aspect of things that she isn't really able to have a normal relationship. Because that's not what I want. I want to to be with a whole person, not a mindless slut (as appealing as that sounds lol.)
8 mo
"I've seen some conservative men mistake the two, and I can say it's a contributor to their failure to find the woman they so desire to share their lives with.". I agree. Christian Conservatives make a lot of assumptions about relationships. I think they're really naive. A lot of them are willfully blind. They have no idea what they're getting themselves into. And then they wonder why divorce happens.
16
21