19 d

Why do other men act like I fucked up because I refuse to sexually pursue a woman whom I find out is engaged/married?

SomeGuyCalledTom
Like, no hate to guys who go for that, and I'm aware it happens every day. But it doesn't suit my values, and I don't want the karmic anxiety that comes with knowing I could one day be on the receiving end of a behavior in which I've willingly partaken. I feel like a guy who pursues happily "taken" women can't really complain when some other guy steals his future fiancé. I don't wanna live with myself carrying that dichotomy inside my psyche, so I choose to align first and foremost to my values, rather than just pinging from one sexual opportunity to another without any conscious discretion or oversight.

And yet I'm looked at as the "weird one" coz I "gave up too easily" upon learning a girl is engaged or married. Maybe it's different if she's just "sort of seeing someone", coz that can mean anything really, and it can even be straight up self-delusion on her part if the other guy doesn't reciprocate her interest levels. But I don't understand the insistence from other men that "nothing is sacred" when it comes to another man's missus. Like, how can we expect other men to honour the social contract of our own engagement when we refuse to even acknowledge theirs?
2
1