19 d

Are these all the requirements of safe sex? Or did I forget something?

Anonymous

• You use - in a heterosexual relationship- birth control like for example the IUD.
  • You use condoms, especially if you don’t know each other’s status.
  • You can stop using condoms if you have both been tested, you are in a monogamous relationship and you use another form of birth control in a heterosexual relationship.
  • You should get tested once a year, before and after each relationship and when you have symptoms. If you have a partner you test results should be discussed.
  • You should avoid sex if someone has a weird rash or sores etc.
  • If you are in a new relationship you should use a condom for the first three months before you quit.
I do have two questions:

• how do protect yourself from Herpes (in a relationship with no condoms)? The WHO recommends not to get tested for herpes.
  • How do you start the conversation about safe sex? I don’t want it to be too heavy if you know what I mean. Maybe something like : ‘Hey, I am currently talking to the doctor about getting the IUD. We should also have/use/get condoms’ and if he wants to stop using the condoms I could say something like ‘only if we both agree not to have sex with somebody else and we both get tested’
Even though I am already in my early 20s and have been in a relationship before, I have never had sex so this conversation is all new to me.
18 d
How would you start the conversation about safe sex? I am not on any B. C. yet but I am planning on getting the IUD.
7
1