13 d

Girls, Be real for a moment; how often are you PERSONALLY being sexually harassed? Is male sexual aggression a regular part of your life?

Anonymous
I hear a lot of women being super vocal and loudly complaining about getting sexually harassed all the time. With the way these women talk, you would think that it happens on a daily basis and that women should be scared to exist in society because all these men constantly want to force themselves on women everywhere they go.

I've got to be real, I have a tough time believing that "women are under attack." And honestly, if it was happening that often, I feel like I'd see it happening. As things presently stand, unwanted advances seem like more of an exception than a rule and those were always very distinct and jarring experiences. I've only ever met three guys in my entire life who felt comfortable just forcing things on people. Every other man has been super respectful to women and understood boundaries; even standing against men who seemed like they were behaving inappropriately.

All that being said: I always want to believe abuse victims and I think it's important to hear concerns in a safe and private fashion. So, in closing; ladies, can you tell me how big a part of your life male sexual aggression really is.
It happens to me personally on a regular basis. (if you feel comfortable, include some context)
It happens to people around me a lot, but I don't experience it much
I've heard stories, from my mom, friends, etc... but it seems pretty rare and I don't experience it
Vote C
I don't experience harassment with any regularity, nor does anyone in my life. I hear internet horror stories though
Vote D
GirlGuy
5